Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, November 02, 2006

First day of school! First day of school!



My baby has left me. Where did the past five years go?

Maddie started kindergarten on August 7. The first week I walked into the school with her. She was a little timid at first, but by the next week I was dropping her off at the curb and she was running away!

Maddie's teacher is Mrs. Leslie (that's her last name, not her first.) She is extremely nice and Maddie loves her. There is one little boy from church in her class and there are several other kids from church in other classes. All the kindergarten classes do things together so she gets to see her friends very often.

Maddie has started learning to read. She tries to sound out EVERYTHING! Any sign or word we see gets sounded out - even if it's a word we don't want her to know! She spends all her time trying to sound out words to write down. She can also count to a hundred and write down all the numbers. She has learned how to spell almost all the colors and even some numbers. She is a genius after all. You know, you get all your smarts from your mother!

Ryley, Cash and I miss Maddie during the day. Ryley doesn't quite know what to do with himself. He's so used to being able to play all day with Maddie. He has finally learned to do most of his business on the potty so maybe we can sign him up for preschool soon!

My baby has turned into an amazing little girl!

4 comments:

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caitlin said...

I always knew Maddie was a genius -- after all, she's got those Smith genes. And she sure did spend a lot of time with her Aunt Caitlin during her formative years. By the way, her teacher looks kind of familiar, I wonder if she went to my high school. Also, it bothers me when people have two first names as their first and last names. Don't you know you're supposed to have one of each people!?!

Brianne said...

I still can't believe Maddie's in kindergarten! Before you know it, it'll be Ryley. Although you'd better make sure he's doing ALL of his business on the potty before then :) Just kidding - you're doing so good, Ryley-san!

~Jen~ said...

Wow! Kindergarten! I remember when she was born.