I know I'm a couple of days late with this, but better late than never! Maddie's now the ripe old age of 6! She and cousin Eva share their birthdays about a week apart, and so this year we decided to do a combined party. I can't believe they're this big. First graders!!!!!
The whole Hopewell clan is here for a while so we had a huge party with all of them at Grandma and Grandpa's house. For which we owe them a huge thank you and probably a huge carpet cleaning bill! Ten (and a half) grandkids and twelve adults is a lot of people!
We had dinner and then cake and ice cream and then opened presents. The girls got tons of necklaces, a watch, lots of hair things, pencils, notebooks, games, and a button maker. We also took Maddie to Build-a-Bear Workshop for her birthday the week before. She has been asking us for months if we could go there for her birthday. She picked a pink kitten and dressed her up in all pink. (She'd better take darn good care of that cat because that place is not cheap! Be ready to drop $50 if you ever go there! Sheesh!)
We're so thankful for Maddie. She is growing into such a sweet and wonderful girl. She is such a great help to me and the whole family and such a good example to her younger brothers. We love her so much and are looking forward to another great year! Happy Birthday sweetheart!




3 comments:
Yes. Happy Birthday Maddie! I'm so sad that I missed it. And, I was going to call, but it got too late. Give her a hug and kiss for me . . . I can't believe how big she is getting!
I can't believe she's 6 already either! Can't wait to have the "Smith" birthday party when we all get home.
Happy birthday to Miss Maddie! Ya, I wondered how much that build a bear operation was. I'll have to be sure to make sure Whitney doesn't know it exists. Wish we could be there to par-tay with you guys.
Post a Comment