Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Great Outdoors

This is our camper - there are pop-outs on each end that open up into big beds, plus a slide-out in the back that really opens everything up.

This is the kitchen area

This is the dining area that is directly across from the kitchen area


This is me taking a picture from the front of the camper towards the back. The door on the left is the bathroom and you can see the dining area/sofa on the right. The pop-up is open in the back but the entrance to it is kind of small so it makes it hard to see from such a long way away.

We had so much fun on our little campout over Labor Day weekend. We went to an RV park called Thousand Trails near the Oklahoma border and by Lake Texoma. The weather was pretty hot but our campsite was completely covered with trees so that helped immensely! We could even sit outside our camper in the middle of the day without getting heat exhaustion.


The kids had so much fun. They had a big playground and a really nice pool there, so we got lots of use out of both of those! We brought their bikes and they had a lot of fun riding around the park on those. They also enjoyed hiking with Daddy and just playing outside and getting dirty. And boy were they dirty! The bottoms of their feet were just black. It was so gross, but I know they loved it. There was a big pavilion near the playground and they sold sno-cones there one day, which the kids LOVED. They also had entertainment there nightly. I use the word entertainment loosely. It should be read as: old guy with a keyboard. It was enjoyable though and something interesting to do after dark!

The kids were pretty exhausted by the end of the day so getting them to sleep wasn't too bad - except for Cash. Camping with a one-year-old is NOT fun. I ended up in the back pop-up with him by myself and up most of the night with him. He kept waking up and realizing that he wasn't locked in a crib so he thought it was party time. This makes for a very grumpy mommy. Luckily he was so tired that he did take some good naps, which I was able to join him in! Next time we are going to try to fit the playpen in there somehow! After we finally got them all to sleep Josh and I were able to watch a movie one night - so we watched, "The Great Outdoors" of course! It's kind of a cheesy old movie but it's so fun to watch with Josh because he laughs so hard at it! He's easily amused!

We had to take a little intermission from our campout on Sunday to go back to Allen to bless baby Noah and hang out with the fam for awhile. I must say it was very nice to go home and take a real shower and get my children clean again!


Can't wait for the next campout - ETA October 4-8 in San Antonio!

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Looks like so much fun! Camping is definitely better with a pseudo-home instead of a crappy puptent. Although looking at Cash's face in that picture would make me think otherwise :)

Brianne said...

Sounds pretty fun aside from the sleeping (or NOT) with Cash. How miserable. The camper looks awesome though. I might be able to handle camping in one of those.

Amanda said...

Ya, campers are the way to go. You guys seem to be quite outdoorsy now! I loved doing that kind of thing when I was a kid. Your kids will always remember these trips. I'm sure one day, My Josh will make us get one of those pop up trailers. Hopefully it is when our kids are older though. Camping with a one year old is a nightmare. I did it for one night and didn't get ANY sleep.

J D C and N said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time camping and your camper looks great! Thanks again for taking a detour for the baby blessing. We are so glad you guys were there.

4sweetboys1princess said...

That's the only way I could handle camping, I need one of those!!
Shara