We drove down to San Antonio (again!) during Fall Break to go camping and to take the kids to SeaWorld. We had a lot of fun. We left around 1 pm on Thursday (Oct. 4) and got into to the RV park around 8-9 pm. I was so ready to put the kids to bed! We have to take Josh's truck when we take the RV somewhere because the van won't pull it and so the kids are a lot closer to us in the car than they usually are. Plus they are all three squished together in the backseat. Very loud, very uncomfortable, and very bored kids are not pleasant to be around! Anyway. . .
After a good night's sleep we just hung out and explored the RV park on Friday. It was soooooo nice! They had a really nice bath house with several full private bathrooms, a nice shady playground, lots of paved roads for the kids to ride their bikes on, a great swimming pool, and a really nice clubhouse. The kids really liked the playground and our campsite was really close so they could run over and play with us watching them from the campsite.
Saturday we got up early and headed over to SeaWorld. The RV park offered a free shuttle (one of the many reasons we chose this particular park) so we took advantage of it. SeaWorld was only about 2 miles away from the RV park so that was nice too!
We also enjoying getting really close to the dolphins. Josh was able to reach out and touch one. The kids were a little more timid!
We spent all day Saturday and Sunday at SeaWorld. Monday morning we got up early and packed up and headed home! We had a lot of fun, but I'm ready for a break from camping for a while! Josh is planning on taking the kids camping after Thanksgiving - without me! Yippee!!




6 comments:
How fun! I remember going to Sea World and thinking it was awesome. My favorite part of your trip is Ryley's permanent make-up. He looks like a little emo kid or something :)
How fun...aside from the camping part. I seriously LOVE the before and after face-painted pictures. They look so sad afterward, but it's kind of funny too. Ryley is the last kid that needs eyeliner too with his lush lashes!
That looks like such a fun trip! Those pictures of the face painting are great! Thanks for the laugh. :) Although knowing Maddie, she was probably devastated when the make-up got ruined. Glad you guys had such a good time!
What a fun vacation! You guys are always doing fun stuff- I want to be in YOUR family. What good parents you are. I too love the face painting pictures. So funny. Sea World is awesome- one day I'm going to take Whitney there. I had no idea they had so many fun rides, it's been awhile since I was there.
No wonder you hadn't posted in a while, you were out having fun, yay!
So wanna give us the intel on the park you camped at, and how much Seaworld is now?
I love San Antonio!
That looks like so much fun! The butterfly face painting was AWESOME and I love her face after it got wet. She looks so sad! I would have been too. This is definitely a place I'd like to go sometime soon.
Post a Comment