Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Tag - I'm it!

The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I love TV. I could sit and watch it all day and all night. I have ALWAYS loved TV. When I was very little (like 3 or 4) some of my favorite shows were: Bionic Woman, Hart to Hart, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, Quincy, MD - and I'm sure there were others! I can't remember a whole lot from that age but I do remember watching my shows and LOVING them! Sad, but true. FYI: I don't sit in front of the television all day. I usually only watch what we have TiVo'd at night with Josh after the kids have gone to bed.

2. I love to read. When I'm not watching TV (or sometimes while I am) I'm usually reading. I guess I picked up this little habit from my bookworm mother. She is ALWAYS reading something and I often get the things I read from her. Some of my favorites are:
  • Harry Potter series
  • the vampire series
  • anything by Harlan Coben
  • anything by David Baldacci
3. I love organizing all my stuff. I HATE to see things (usually Josh's things!) all over my kitchen counter (or the floor or the bed or wherever!) I know it's pointless, but I usually find myself cleaning up all the toys the kids have strewn all over the game room floor several times a day. I know I should just wait until bedtime and have them do it; I just feel better when the floor is clean. I also hate it when the cabinet doors are left open. Josh finds this very amusing and often does it just to irritate me. I'm a neat freak and a perfectionist, I admit it. I also love to vacuum.

4. I love music. I play the piano and the flute and I can sing - in a choir, not by myself! I also teach piano lessons, which I DO NOT love. I do it because there is a big need around here for piano teachers and because I know I have been blessed with this talent and need to share it. The income isn't bad either. Most of my students are really good kids and I do enjoy teaching them once they are here. There are just a couple of kids who are very hard to teach, although they are good kids. I just need to learn to be more patient and tolerant with the wild ones.

5. I HATE cooking. I HATE thinking of something to feed my family or myself. I think this stems from being pregnant and having to think of something new to eat every hour and a half. That gets old really fast. If someone would just tell me what to make and what my kids would eat I would cook every day. I just hate being the one who has to decide everything. Plus, I'm not a very good cook. I'd much rather eat out! I find it really hard to enjoy something and feel it was worth the effort when all I get in return are huge fits of: "I don't like this; I'm not eating that; I hate corn; etc." I do like baking, however. Probably because you end up with cookies and not whining children!

6. I really wish I had finished college. Looking back, since it took so long for us to have Maddie I had plenty of time! What was I doing all that time?! Someday I will go back. I'd like to major in music or art, probably music. Long ago I wanted to be a pharmacist, but I settled for medical transcription instead when I realized how long I'd have to go to school to become a pharmacist!

Well, that's about it. Here are the people I tag: Brianne Hafen, Caitlin Reid, Brenda Smith, Mandy Smith, Wendy Tyler, and I don't know anyone else that hasn't already been tagged!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hmmmmm.... Very interesting to read your habits/facts. I had no idea you played the flute, and I didn't know you were teaching piano. That sounds like a pretty good gig minus the "wild ones". One of these days I want to get a piano. Whitney loves them. I also didn't know you wanted to go to pharmacy school. That is pretty ambitious of you! I have a friend who just barely got out. It's a LONG road. Anyway, what a fun game.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

All those things I never knew! Well some of them anyways! I'll have to remember to NOT tell Svend about the cabinet doors...I hate that too! and he loves to annoy me that way!