Sunday, February 03, 2008
Count Your Many Blessings
Well, I saw something like this on someone else's blog and thought it was a great idea. I've been thinking about what else I could write about besides the crazy things my kids do. I thought this was the perfect answer! I definitely need to reflect a little more on the many blessings Heavenly Father has blessed us with. So, my goal is to post about at least one of my many blessings every Sunday - or maybe Monday ;).
Something I have really been thinking about this past week is how thankful I am for our Prophet. What a great man and a great example he was to us all. I loved hearing him speak at General Conference and especially enjoyed his humor. While watching his funeral services this weekend it was great to hear everyone who spoke tell us about the funny things he had said to them. He had such a great sense of humor! He was such a great example to us of what can be done if we believe it can and put our faith in God. He was 97 and still traveling the world and making public speeches and I'm sure a million of other things! I get exhausted after flying to Colorado and just about have a heart attack at having to speak in church. Do you think he ever thought, "I can't fly to Hong Kong and talk at their Regional Conference tomorrow and then go dedicate their temple! I'm 97-years-old!" I'm quite sure he didn't. He knew he would and could do whatever the Lord needed him to do. This is definitely something I need to improve upon!
I am grateful for all of our prophets, past and present. I consider it a great blessing that we have a Prophet on the earth today to lead and guide us. I'm also grateful for the knowledge that the leadership of the church has not died along with our dear Prophet and that the mantle will soon pass on to another Prophet. I know that President Hinckley is happily reunited with his sweetheart and has been welcomed Home now. I know that his spirit still lives and that someday we can hear his voice again. I am grateful for the blessing of this knowledge that makes his passing a joyful time of reflection and tribute and not of devastation.
Having a Prophet has been a great blessing in my life and I'm sure it will always be.
Something I have really been thinking about this past week is how thankful I am for our Prophet. What a great man and a great example he was to us all. I loved hearing him speak at General Conference and especially enjoyed his humor. While watching his funeral services this weekend it was great to hear everyone who spoke tell us about the funny things he had said to them. He had such a great sense of humor! He was such a great example to us of what can be done if we believe it can and put our faith in God. He was 97 and still traveling the world and making public speeches and I'm sure a million of other things! I get exhausted after flying to Colorado and just about have a heart attack at having to speak in church. Do you think he ever thought, "I can't fly to Hong Kong and talk at their Regional Conference tomorrow and then go dedicate their temple! I'm 97-years-old!" I'm quite sure he didn't. He knew he would and could do whatever the Lord needed him to do. This is definitely something I need to improve upon!
I am grateful for all of our prophets, past and present. I consider it a great blessing that we have a Prophet on the earth today to lead and guide us. I'm also grateful for the knowledge that the leadership of the church has not died along with our dear Prophet and that the mantle will soon pass on to another Prophet. I know that President Hinckley is happily reunited with his sweetheart and has been welcomed Home now. I know that his spirit still lives and that someday we can hear his voice again. I am grateful for the blessing of this knowledge that makes his passing a joyful time of reflection and tribute and not of devastation.
Having a Prophet has been a great blessing in my life and I'm sure it will always be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Thank you for that.
Amen to that. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment