Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, February 11, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings


Well, I missed Sunday - of course! I'll probably never remember to do this on Sunday, but I'll keep trying!

This week I am very thankful my good husband. (Get ready for the mushy Valentine's Day tribute!) Even if it wasn't Valentine's Day this week, I would still be very grateful for Josh. I'm a total listmaker so here's my Josh Top 10:

10. He lets me have the remote and doesn't ever complain about what I want to watch. Seriously! (It helps that he doesn't really know how to use the remote, but still!) He also could not care less about watching sports - except for the occasional cagefight or game. How great is that?!
9. He wants me to go out and do things and leave him with the kids. He makes me sometimes! Not because he enjoys being with the kids alone. I'm sure he does enjoy it somewhat, but it's because he knows I need a break sometimes and wants me to be happy. He also never complains about me wanting to go somewhere.
8. He is so supportive of anything I want to do. I could tell him I'm going to Timbuktu (did I spell that right?) for a month to learn how to weave magic carpets and become a ninja. He would help me book the flight!
7. He doesn't care about how much anything costs. Even though he makes most of the money for our family he doesn't care if I spend it on something I want or need. He never asks questions either! (I doubt he even notices most of the time!)
6. He's willing to do anything around the house that I ask him to. And he never complains - (anyone notice a theme here?)
5. He's the most hard working and goal-oriented person I know. I'm totally confident in his abilities to provide for our family. He would work all night if he had to (and he's had to!) and not even complain about it the next morning.
4. He's taught me not to stress about things so much and just let things go. He's also a great example of unselfishness and is always forgiving. He knows what really stresses me out and will try to avoid do those things at all costs. (Maybe because he doesn't want to suffer the wrath of stressed out mommy?!)
3. He is very smart. Smarter than I usually give him credit for! His knowledge of the gospel and the scriptures amazes me! If I ever have a question I know where to go. He can find the answer in the scriptures without even looking in the topical guide! So amazing! It totally freaks me out that he doesn't spend days working on a talk for church or his lesson for YM. He just knows so much that he can wing it! I would probably die from stress that would put me under!
2. He is a righteous husband and father. He honors his Priesthood and really desires to do what is right. He inspires me to do better. He is such a good example to me and the kids. I'm so glad he is their Daddy!
1. He is all mine!!!!

3 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

that is too sweet. I may have to steal your idea too!

Amanda said...

He's quite the catch, Jeni. Does he do workshops for other husbands? Just curious:) Let me know about that Timbuktu trip. I'd love to tag along.

Caitlin said...

Wow. I guess you lucked out :)