Monday, February 18, 2008
Count Your Many Blessings
This week I am thankful for my talents. I hope this doesn't sound like bragging, because I'm not trying to tell everyone about all my talents - there really aren't that many!
Firstly, I'm thankful for music. I know I have been blessed with musical ability and I'm very grateful for it. Music is such a huge part of my life - especially at church. People are always apologizing for dumping the music on me, but I really don't mind. I'm so glad that I can help! I know some people get tired of playing the piano for everything, but not me! I really really love it and I'm grateful for every chance I get. I've really loved being the Primary chorister. I've never been the chorister before - because I'm always the pianist! It has been really fun and really hard. I was so terrified at first because I really hate to sing in front of anyone - not even Josh! I knew the kids wouldn't care but there are a lot of adults in there! Yikes! It's been o.k. though and I've realized that they really don't care either! What a relief! It's helped me become more confident in my singing abilities and I'm grateful for that.
Secondly, I'm thankful for art, for lack of a better word. Maybe "craftiness" would be better. I have ALWAYS loved doing anything crafty or artsy. I seriously cannot remember a time when I didn't. I always had something to draw with or color with growing up and I totally see this in Maddie now too! I love being able to express my creativity in something tangible (or digital!) whether it's cards, scrapbook pages, or anything really.
I'm thankful for my parents who have always helped me cultivate these talents with piano lessons, band stuff (I played the flute for several years), and all the countless "crafty" projects I watched my mom (and my dad) do and that we did together. I hope I can recognize the talents in my children and help them cultivate them too!
Firstly, I'm thankful for music. I know I have been blessed with musical ability and I'm very grateful for it. Music is such a huge part of my life - especially at church. People are always apologizing for dumping the music on me, but I really don't mind. I'm so glad that I can help! I know some people get tired of playing the piano for everything, but not me! I really really love it and I'm grateful for every chance I get. I've really loved being the Primary chorister. I've never been the chorister before - because I'm always the pianist! It has been really fun and really hard. I was so terrified at first because I really hate to sing in front of anyone - not even Josh! I knew the kids wouldn't care but there are a lot of adults in there! Yikes! It's been o.k. though and I've realized that they really don't care either! What a relief! It's helped me become more confident in my singing abilities and I'm grateful for that.
Secondly, I'm thankful for art, for lack of a better word. Maybe "craftiness" would be better. I have ALWAYS loved doing anything crafty or artsy. I seriously cannot remember a time when I didn't. I always had something to draw with or color with growing up and I totally see this in Maddie now too! I love being able to express my creativity in something tangible (or digital!) whether it's cards, scrapbook pages, or anything really.
I'm thankful for my parents who have always helped me cultivate these talents with piano lessons, band stuff (I played the flute for several years), and all the countless "crafty" projects I watched my mom (and my dad) do and that we did together. I hope I can recognize the talents in my children and help them cultivate them too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment