Friday, February 15, 2008
More Crazy Ryley
You're probably tired of hearing about Ryley - it seems like I've done a lot of posts about him lately! But he said a couple of funny things yesterday and I want to write them down before I forget!
Yesterday at breakfast:
Maddie: Mom, why can't a girl be the Prophet?
Me: Well, girls don't have the Priesthood and you have to hold the Priesthood to be the Prophet.
Maddie: Why can't girls have the Priesthood? (Geez, do I have a future feminist on my hands?)
Me: That's just the way Heavenly Father has made us. Girls get to do lots of other things that boys don't get to do. Like, have babies and be the mommies.
Ryley: Yeah, and have boobies that make your shirt go out like this. Right mom? (While he pulls his shirt out with his fingers making some boobies for himself.)
Me: Uh, (stifling laughs because he is completely serious!) yes, Ryley. And girls get to have boobies too.
Last night:
(A little clarification first - after Josh got home he put me to bed because I had a massive migraine and earache. He then made dinner, fed the kids, and bathed them too. What a man! Anyway, the kids must have asked where I was at dinner and he told them I had a bad headache. This is what Ryley said to me after I came back upstairs after a nap to tell the kids goodnight.)
Ryley: Mom, why do you have a headache? Is it because of all me and Maddie's words?
That just made me laugh. I made sure that he knew my headache was not caused by him, although all of his and Maddie's words sure didn't help it any! I guess he thought this because I often tell them (after they have asked me a bazillion questions) that my ears are tired and need a break. That will usually get me about 45 seconds of peace. Better than nothin' I guess.
He's a funny one, that Ryley!
Yesterday at breakfast:
Maddie: Mom, why can't a girl be the Prophet?
Me: Well, girls don't have the Priesthood and you have to hold the Priesthood to be the Prophet.
Maddie: Why can't girls have the Priesthood? (Geez, do I have a future feminist on my hands?)
Me: That's just the way Heavenly Father has made us. Girls get to do lots of other things that boys don't get to do. Like, have babies and be the mommies.
Ryley: Yeah, and have boobies that make your shirt go out like this. Right mom? (While he pulls his shirt out with his fingers making some boobies for himself.)
Me: Uh, (stifling laughs because he is completely serious!) yes, Ryley. And girls get to have boobies too.
Last night:
(A little clarification first - after Josh got home he put me to bed because I had a massive migraine and earache. He then made dinner, fed the kids, and bathed them too. What a man! Anyway, the kids must have asked where I was at dinner and he told them I had a bad headache. This is what Ryley said to me after I came back upstairs after a nap to tell the kids goodnight.)
Ryley: Mom, why do you have a headache? Is it because of all me and Maddie's words?
That just made me laugh. I made sure that he knew my headache was not caused by him, although all of his and Maddie's words sure didn't help it any! I guess he thought this because I often tell them (after they have asked me a bazillion questions) that my ears are tired and need a break. That will usually get me about 45 seconds of peace. Better than nothin' I guess.
He's a funny one, that Ryley!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh man, I can't stop laughing about the boobies comment. Ryley's too funny! Hope you're feeling better today!
You feeling better? That would be nuts if you had an ear infection...although John totally had one a month or so ago. Those Ryley comments are too funny. I'm glad that you're sharing them with us!
okay, this is like the hardest i've laughed in a long time! What a nut-ryley! He is absolutley hilarious!
ha ha ha! What a little crazy man. Too funny.
Post a Comment