It's also Spring Break! yea. All the kids, at home, ALL DAY, while it's raining and I can't send them outside! double yea. It hasn't been too bad yet, although it's only been one day! Hopefully the rain will clear up and we'll be able to do something fun this week. I'm thinking maybe the zoo (if I get brave enough to do it alone) but definitely the park. We're not going anywhere as family. Josh is going to the YM Stake Encampment on Thursday evening and won't be back until Saturday night. Lucky duck. Not about the camping, just about getting to go do something.
So on rainy days like today the kids tend to have a little cabin fever and by the time Josh gets home they are acting like maniacs. My dear, wonderful husband often lets them get out some of their pent up energy by wrestling with them. I usually have to go downstairs so I'm not yelling at Josh to stop. (I'm just afraid they're going to get hurt!) They love it. Ryley begs for it every night. Cash has really gotten into it lately too. If he even sees Josh - or me - on the floor he runs over and tackles us. Here are some pics of the good times that usually end in tears because Daddy is a giant and doesn't know his own strength sometimes!





Cash is REALLY into books lately. He ran over and got a book while everyone was wrestling and brought it to Daddy to read. His favorite is the book with all the animal pictures in it. He'll point to an animal and have us make the sound for him and then he'll repeat it. SO CUTE. My favorites are the rooster and the horse. I'll have to get a video of it sometime. But, I digress. I love Josh's face in the picture above. You can tell he's like, " What? Read? Now? Can't you see we're wrestling right now? You must be a Smith."




5 comments:
glad to hear that everyone is getting better. Enjoy your spring break. I'm beginning to think spring forgot about us. Have a happy Easter!
Fun times. Yeah, poor timing on all this rain... not much of a spring break. We (me and Brianna) were actually talking about going to the zoo this week too, maybe Thursday morning. Wanna make it a party and not have to go it alone?
he's definitly a Smith! We used to wrestle every night after family prayer until someone (usually me) ran crying to their rooms! haha. fun times! your kids look like they are having such fun. It's good to see a pic of Josh too-I almost forgot what he looked like! :) Okay, maybe not, but it's fun to see the whole family!
Dude that looks awesome...I guess the only person missing is YOU! haha Man, I tell ya what, daddy wrestling time is a life saver here too. By the end of the day, especially rainy days, I am begging John to wrestle with Covey! And he does the same thing whenever anyone is lying on the floor. haha Glad you guys are feeling better.
thanks for the easter egg tips. I hope the kids are feeling better and you get an outing. I would love to have a day of pure Spring Break fun, minus the cost!
Post a Comment