Friday, April 11, 2008
Busy couple of days
It has been a very exciting day/week! First of all, the storms - holy cow!!! I woke up at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday just in time to hear Maddie running in terror down the stairs. I did not awaken from the sirens, in fact I never even heard any sirens (although I have been told by many people in the neighborhood that there were, in fact, sirens going off around that time.) The wind was so loud I thought for sure there was a tornado. Maddie ran into our room absolutely terrified and frantic. Josh, of course, was still asleep and snoring - even though I had punched him about 10 times and was yelling, yes YELLING, at him to get up and help. I settled Maddie next to snoring Josh (she was really comforted - eye roll) and ran to get towels for the front and back doors. Our doors ALWAYS leak if the storm is really bad. The front entry was already a huge puddle. After I got that mopped up enough to go up the stairs I went to get the boys - who, like their father, were completely oblivious to what was going on outside. I seriously thought a window might blow out or that there was a tornado. It was SOOOO loud! I woke Ryley up and told him to go down to Daddy while I got Cash. We made it downstairs just in time for the power to go out. Commence Maddie screaming like she's in a horror movie. Luckily being the prepared Eagle Scout that he is, Josh married me, who set out a flashlight before bed - just in case the storms knocked out the power and my super Eagle Scout was asleep and oblivious to our needs. I got the baby a "ba-ba" because he's awake and has to have one and ran back upstairs to get the windup flashlight/radio. Right about the time I finally found a radio station the storm died down and the kids were able to go back to sleep - just like Daddy. Seriously - how do you sleep through a huge storm like that with three kids crawling all over you and a wife punching the crap out of you?!
School was canceled for a couple of hours on Thursday due to the school not having any power. The kids were playing so nicely (shock, awe, and amazement!) and then, around 10:00 a.m., AISD called saying the power was back on and all children should come to school today. Grrrrrrr. Being the obedient person I am, I took her to school where she was able to play with the other 7 students in her class with obedient parents. Yes, 8 children out of 22!!! I should have let her stay home. :( Josh was busy running around like a maniac all day after nonstop calls to the office and home for repairs. He didn't get home until after 7:00 p.m. It's been great that there have been so many calls coming into the office, it's just hard on Josh, which in turn, is hard on me. We're very grateful though and are more than willing to deal with the long hours for a while. I'll be back to post some more tomorrow about the wedding - lots and lots of pictures!!
School was canceled for a couple of hours on Thursday due to the school not having any power. The kids were playing so nicely (shock, awe, and amazement!) and then, around 10:00 a.m., AISD called saying the power was back on and all children should come to school today. Grrrrrrr. Being the obedient person I am, I took her to school where she was able to play with the other 7 students in her class with obedient parents. Yes, 8 children out of 22!!! I should have let her stay home. :( Josh was busy running around like a maniac all day after nonstop calls to the office and home for repairs. He didn't get home until after 7:00 p.m. It's been great that there have been so many calls coming into the office, it's just hard on Josh, which in turn, is hard on me. We're very grateful though and are more than willing to deal with the long hours for a while. I'll be back to post some more tomorrow about the wedding - lots and lots of pictures!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Whose wedding? The storms sure do sound crazy -- men must have some special sleep-through-anything gene. :)
Okay, first off, that was like I was there-living the moment--you are hilarious! Second, glad everything's okay and now Josh has a BUSY season--WAHOO!!! $$$!!!! Anyways, glad we're out of tornado ville up here!! Stay safe!--and put a flashlight by your bed!
Oh, that was hilarious. I can't believe you remembered to put a flashlight by your bed!! If I am ever stranded on a deserted island I hope you are there too!
LOL Love the comment about the Eagle scout who married you! LOL
We were lucky and the worst of the storm sort of went around us. Everyone but me slept through it. I got up at 3:30 am to watch the news for an hour and then went back to bed.
Yikes, I guess we're not the only ones with crappy weather. You are so funny.
Post a Comment