Monday, April 14, 2008
I know, I know. . .
I said I'd be back tomorrow, and yet, here it is today - the tomorrow after yesterday and the day before that! Confused? Me too.
Anyway. . . Friday was a CA-RAZY day! We woke up early and got the kids all ready for the day. As we were eating breakfast I asked Josh if he had his temple recommend in his wallet or in his temple bag. He said, "It's in my wallet." I said, "Um, check it, darling." Okay, I maybe didn't say darling. He sighed *huuuh* and did what his good wife asked (who MUST have been inspired, by the way!)
Josh: *GASP!!*
Jeni: "What?"
Josh: "It's expired!"
Jeni: "Whatever! You're such a liar."
Josh: "Seriously. It's expired." *Stern look in my direction*
Jeni: "But we just got brand new ones like 3 months ago! How can they be expired?"
Josh: "Where's yours. Let me check it."
Jeni: Running to purse - "Here."
Josh: "Yup. Expired too. We're gonna have get new ones before the wedding."
Jeni: "Yeah, right. Just call the Bishop. Get it taken care of BEFORE I come to pick you up at 9:30." (Which is two hours away at this point!!!)
Josh and Maddie left for work/school and I went to make myself presentable to the world. I get out of the shower approximately 10-20 minutes later and I hear the phone ringing. I go to get it. It's Josh, frantic.
Jeni: "Hello?"
Josh: "Well, we have to go see Bro. so&so at 121 and the tollway and then go see Pres. so&so at 75 and Park to get our new recommends before we can go, so you need to leave right now and come and get me."
Jeni: "Whatever! I'm standing here dripping and almost naked. I will not go to a wedding without my hair and makeup done - not to mention clothing!!! Plus Brianne won't even be here until 9:30."
Josh: "Well, call her and tell her to come now!"
Jeni: "It's almost 9 anyway, she'll be leaving pretty soon. I'll call her and see if she can come earlier, but what's the point? We'll never make it in time!"
Josh: "Of course we will. It will be fine."
Jeni: "Whatever."
So I called Brianne and she was able to leave a few minutes early but I still didn't get on my way until 9:30. I went and picked up Josh and he drove like a maniac to 121 and the tollway. It's 10 by now and I'm thinking there's no chance in heck we'll make it to the wedding. Bro so&so just happened to have his recommend book with him at work that day and happily interviewed us (in the JCPenney parking garage of all places!) We sped off back where we had come from to get our second interview. We made it in record time (thank you tolltags!) and RAN into his office. Yes, I was in heels and it's a miracle in and off itself that I didn't fall on my face!!! We managed to get through another interview and out the door by 10:45. Josh drove like a bat out of . . . well, you know where and we pulled into the parking spot at the temple at 11:03. Seriously!!! The wedding was at 11:00 but everyone was supposed to be there by 10:30. We had called Wendy and Bruce and Josh's dad to let them know the situation and told them not to wait for us. We walked in and they looked at us and said, "Are you?" and we said, "Yes, we are!" They practically RAN us back to the sealing room. Thankfully they had waited for us and we didn't miss a thing. We were so happy to have made it and thankful for the miracles that got us there. Seriously. Time was stretched or something. It is just not possible to drive all over to the places we drove and then sit and talk with 2 different people at 2 different places for as long as we did and still make it to where we were going all in 1 1/2 hours.
The wedding was wonderful (minus our frantic entrance) and Craig and Katie looked so happy. We went to Josh's parents with all of Katie's family for a luncheon after the temple and pictures there. Then we went home for an hour and then up to the reception at the Surrey house. It was an exciting day and sadly, I don't have any pictures yet. I shot a TON but I shot them in RAW so I could edit them and have them look great, but that means I can't post until I do that. Which, is taking me forever because I'm doing other things like posting this horribly long post on my blog. Back to work!!
Anyway. . . Friday was a CA-RAZY day! We woke up early and got the kids all ready for the day. As we were eating breakfast I asked Josh if he had his temple recommend in his wallet or in his temple bag. He said, "It's in my wallet." I said, "Um, check it, darling." Okay, I maybe didn't say darling. He sighed *huuuh* and did what his good wife asked (who MUST have been inspired, by the way!)
Josh: *GASP!!*
Jeni: "What?"
Josh: "It's expired!"
Jeni: "Whatever! You're such a liar."
Josh: "Seriously. It's expired." *Stern look in my direction*
Jeni: "But we just got brand new ones like 3 months ago! How can they be expired?"
Josh: "Where's yours. Let me check it."
Jeni: Running to purse - "Here."
Josh: "Yup. Expired too. We're gonna have get new ones before the wedding."
Jeni: "Yeah, right. Just call the Bishop. Get it taken care of BEFORE I come to pick you up at 9:30." (Which is two hours away at this point!!!)
Josh and Maddie left for work/school and I went to make myself presentable to the world. I get out of the shower approximately 10-20 minutes later and I hear the phone ringing. I go to get it. It's Josh, frantic.
Jeni: "Hello?"
Josh: "Well, we have to go see Bro. so&so at 121 and the tollway and then go see Pres. so&so at 75 and Park to get our new recommends before we can go, so you need to leave right now and come and get me."
Jeni: "Whatever! I'm standing here dripping and almost naked. I will not go to a wedding without my hair and makeup done - not to mention clothing!!! Plus Brianne won't even be here until 9:30."
Josh: "Well, call her and tell her to come now!"
Jeni: "It's almost 9 anyway, she'll be leaving pretty soon. I'll call her and see if she can come earlier, but what's the point? We'll never make it in time!"
Josh: "Of course we will. It will be fine."
Jeni: "Whatever."
So I called Brianne and she was able to leave a few minutes early but I still didn't get on my way until 9:30. I went and picked up Josh and he drove like a maniac to 121 and the tollway. It's 10 by now and I'm thinking there's no chance in heck we'll make it to the wedding. Bro so&so just happened to have his recommend book with him at work that day and happily interviewed us (in the JCPenney parking garage of all places!) We sped off back where we had come from to get our second interview. We made it in record time (thank you tolltags!) and RAN into his office. Yes, I was in heels and it's a miracle in and off itself that I didn't fall on my face!!! We managed to get through another interview and out the door by 10:45. Josh drove like a bat out of . . . well, you know where and we pulled into the parking spot at the temple at 11:03. Seriously!!! The wedding was at 11:00 but everyone was supposed to be there by 10:30. We had called Wendy and Bruce and Josh's dad to let them know the situation and told them not to wait for us. We walked in and they looked at us and said, "Are you?" and we said, "Yes, we are!" They practically RAN us back to the sealing room. Thankfully they had waited for us and we didn't miss a thing. We were so happy to have made it and thankful for the miracles that got us there. Seriously. Time was stretched or something. It is just not possible to drive all over to the places we drove and then sit and talk with 2 different people at 2 different places for as long as we did and still make it to where we were going all in 1 1/2 hours.
The wedding was wonderful (minus our frantic entrance) and Craig and Katie looked so happy. We went to Josh's parents with all of Katie's family for a luncheon after the temple and pictures there. Then we went home for an hour and then up to the reception at the Surrey house. It was an exciting day and sadly, I don't have any pictures yet. I shot a TON but I shot them in RAW so I could edit them and have them look great, but that means I can't post until I do that. Which, is taking me forever because I'm doing other things like posting this horribly long post on my blog. Back to work!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
oh wow! Sounds like just about everyone has some sort of a story concerning either the endowment or the sealing! WOW! It's amazing it went through! guess it wasn't just my wedding that had "issues" before. Sounds like the adversary works just as hard on everyone!
We were just so glad that you made it!:) Can't wait to see the pictures too!
The Lord does have some great blessings for his children doesn't he!!
Good stuff! I was wondering what happened to the punctual Hopewell's that day. Haha, we were some of the first people there. You know something was going that day....
Post a Comment