Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sheesh!

I feel like I've been going nonstop for several weeks! So much has been going on - school, kids' activities, church stuff, piano, family stuff. . . etc. I'd swear I just posted that last post about Maddie but then I looked at the blog tonight and it was like last month!! Sorry!

Ryley had his last soccer game on Saturday. His team never won any games but they don't keep score at this age so he doesn't really know that. He does know that they didn't score many goals this season though. This season we played with a new team and Josh was the coach. Josh did a really great job - we just had a lot of kids that hadn't played before and didn't really want to. Ryley really enjoys playing and he and the other boys had a good time so that's all we really care about. I'm just glad it's over for a while! Cash did NOT enjoy sitting in his stroller for an hour to watch Ryley. Needless to say we (Cash and I) did not attend every soccer game because of his "beastlyness." Yes, I know that's not a word - but it should be. He is very beastly lately! He is almost 2 and living up to the "terrible" part of that age. He has recently taken up screaming (at a very ear-piercing decibel) when he is angry or not getting what he wants or even when he's happy! Ryley has also learned how to incite this behavior and does so - very often! And then laughs his evil big brother laugh. Grrrrrr. Cash has also learned to say, "Mah!" in a very whiney voice like he's tattling on one of his siblings or just to get my attention. Wonder where he learned that from. . . .

On a better note, Caitlin and Dave came to visit this past weekend. The kids were bummed when Josh went out of town last Friday but then I told them Caitlin was coming to visit. Ryley's only question was, "Is Uncle Dave coming too?" Sorry, Caitlin. It's true. You are definitely Maddie's favorite, but I think Ryley prefers Dave. He's just the best uncle and always plays with the kids like he's a kid too. He's a good one! We all had fun seeing them and were sad to see them go, but we may see them in a couple of months because hopefully we'll be taking the kids to Disneyland in July! Josh has another Piranha marketing thing in July in San Diego so we think we might take the whole family and make a trip to D-land. We haven't said a word to the kiddos about it though because it's not definite. I know they'll be so excited though. I hope we can make it work! Please don't say anything to them until we know for sure!

Maddie had an exciting weekend with her very first piano recital! I was really worried that she would freak out and refuse to do it but she was AWESOME!! She played it perfectly and didn't even act like she was afraid at all. I'm so proud of her! She has really come out of her shell more this year. For those of you who missed it (sorry, Grandma and Grandpa!!) my mom and I will be having another recital at the end of the month sometime and I can have her play her pieces again. Let me know if you want to come and I'll add her to the program. I don't know when the recital will be though. We're still trying to find a day that will work and schedule the building again.

Josh has been working like crazy with all the storm damage lately. That's a good thing though - April was our best month EVER! Yay hubby!

I've been busy with all these peoples' activities plus everything else I've got going on. Primary, piano lessons, and scrapping keeps me pretty busy. I've also designed a couple of mini kits for digital scrapbooking and I've really gotten interested in that. Hopefully after lots more practice I could actually sell some stuff. Josh is definitely pushing for that. If you want to see my stuff check out my crafty blog.

Sorry no pictures for this post, maybe next time!

2 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Holy cow you have been busy! I love reading the updates!!! Ryley's team reminds me of when my dad coached my softball team--no wins, but it was still a lot of fun

Cash and Bergen will get along great! I'm soooo sick of the screaming and tantrums!!!

Glad things are going good for you and that you're busy--I need more of that!!

Caitlin said...

Yay! A disneyland trip would be soooo fun! I'll keep my fingers crossed :)