We started the weekend with Daddy getting to stay home with us ALL day on Friday! Woo hoo! We mostly just lounged around all day (in our matching 4th of July T-shirts!) and then had a BBQ with Grandma & Grandpa and John & Diane. We got Diane to take a family picture for us (in our matchy-matchies) and this is what we got:
Pretty cute, huh? Oh, wait a minute. What's that?!
Yes, goofball extraordinaire (aka Uncle John) thought it was pretty funny to jump into EVERY picture at the very last second - on the pretense of getting the boys out of the shot. Yeah, right. Oh, well. It's still a pretty cute picture. And will always laugh when we see it! Also of note, notice Cash's "CHEEEEEESE" face. This is his new little trick. More of that to come. . .After hanging with the fam for a while and the kids playing nicely in the backyard we dumped the very dirty and sweaty kiddos into the tub for a quick bath before heading out to the fireworks. We went out to McKinney's "Red, White, and Boom" but didn't realize how many people would be there. So we (and all the other late planners) parked on the construction area of 121 right across from the park where they were doing the fireworks (between Stacy and Alma). It was a good spot and a pretty nice night to watch fireworks. The kids were so tired and we had to wait for a little while before they started though. Luckily another family pulled up right next to us and offered our kids some . . . . uh. . . . I can't remember what they're called!! Those little popping things that you throw on the ground and they make a loud noise and a spark. Ug. I can't remember. Anyway, you know what I'm talking about. The kids (especially Ryely!) LOVED them. Will have to remember that for next year. So that kept them busy until the fireworks started. Maddie kept saying, "This is the best day EVER!" So funny. Lots of great fireworks and lots of "oooohing" and "aaaaahing" until the finale. Which we didn't get to see. Because Daddy was dying to leave and not get stuck in traffic. Grrrrr. Oh well. We got the kids home and into bed by about 10:30 so that Daddy and I could watch Jaws. . . and Jaws 2. . . . and Jaws 3. . . . and Jaws: The Revenge. Actually we spread out the marathon over a couple of nights. It was funny to see what was considered really cool special effects way back when. We just laughed at them! Three was definitely the best though. Four was so stupid. I really wish I could have those hours back.
Saturday we got up and got ready to go swimming with Brianne and John. Granny was even able to come with us! Remember Cash's "CHEEEEEEESE" smile? I told you there would be more:
Brianne, being the VERY smart lady she is, remembered to bring some snacks and was very nice to share with Cash. Not that she had much of a choice. As soon as Cash saw where she was getting the food from he just helped himself - several times. Speaking of little piggies:
This little piggy was snarfing down anything and everything Brianne could shove at him. How cute is he?! I just adore this picture and those big dark eyes. Too cute!!
Daddy stayed in the pool most of the time with the kiddos. This picture makes him look like he doesn't have a neck, but he really does!! Obviously.
Maddie spent most of the time eagerly showing us her swimming skills. She only had the lifejacket on for a short time. She's gotten so brave and so good at swimming this summer! Go Maddie!Ryley refused to take of his life jacket. Not so brave. He and the other kids had so much fun with the noodles. Especially when Daddy or Uncle John (Hafen) would spit water out of the ends at them. Ben was so hilarious when John would do it to him. I wish I had some pictures of those two. Ben is just too quick for me!
Well that was this past weekend. I wish I had the time to post about everything we do here, but I just don't. Such is life. Now I have to go make dinner. Yuck.




3 comments:
What a cute family picture! (In spite of John being a dork. :) )
& we call those things poppers. Don't know if that is what they are really called though.
We need to get our families together to play. I bet the older kids would have so much fun together. Maybe we need to have a family card swap night. :)
Sounds like a fun weekend. I love the matchy matchies!
Whoa -- forget the no-neck thing, what about that farmer's tan! :) Looks and sounds like tons of fun. Wish I could see your babies. You could come too.
Post a Comment