Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, September 26, 2008

Are you KIDDING me?!?!?!

So after crying myself to sleep last night about my poor little laptop I wake up this morning to find that everything in the freezer is NOT frozen anymore but still pretty cold. Hmmm. . . . that's weird. Maybe I didn't have the door closed all the way. I move some things around and make sure the door's nice and tightly closed. I leave to go Visiting Teaching/take "lappy" to the Geeks at GeekSquad/take the Suburban to get the emergency brake fixed. While at Just Brakes we find out that there is WAAAAY more wrong with the brakes than just the emergency brake not working. Cha-ching. After doing all that I come home to find that everything in the freezer is WAAAAAY squishy and it is obviously NOT working anymore. We call Sears and they can come fix it on Monday. Ummm, not acceptable. We call Rodenbaugh's and they can come look at it now. Apparently some part CAUGHT ON FIRE and melted some little piece to some other part (excuse all my technical terms) of the compressor so now we get to replace the compressor. But Rodenbaugh's would charge about $600 for a new compressor - the price of a brand new FRIDGE - and Sears can't come to fix it until Tuesday. And of course our warranty ran out 3 FREAKIN' WEEKS AGO!!!! We need something NOW. Cha-ching.

Seriously. . . the laptop, the fridge, and the brakes all going out in the same 24 hour period? You have GOT to be KIDDING!

Thankfully the laptop is waiting to be seen by the Geeks, the Suburban is all fixed and we didn't have any major accidents before we found out the problem, and we were able to find a fridge on Craig's list for pretty cheap (coincidentally from a family in the 1st ward, which we totally didn't know!) so I guess we're OK. We're still planning on having Sears come fix the fridge next week. The one we got is super basic/cheap and will be good for just keeping out in the garage for storage. I just hope the house doesn't burn down while we're sleeping because our emergency fund is officially TAPPED! @#$%*!

7 comments:

Kirsti said...

wow, I swear, when it rains, it pours. Good luck!!

Amanda said...

what in the world! Sounds like you have a dark cloud over your house. That's insane! I'm glad your house didn't catch on fire! Sheesh!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Well, I guess you're not buying us an ipod for christmas then?? darn! Just kidding!!!

It really stink when EVERYTHING piles up all at the same time--and on the same day--glad you guys are on the mend despite all the $$$ Ugh! Love ya.

Sandi said...

Holy cow!! When it rains it pours. Isn't there some saying about things happen in 3's?? Good luck. Thank goodness you HAD an emergency fund!

Caitlin said...

Wow, that stinks. Chin up; I'll be out to visit in a mere 6 weeks.

J D C and N said...

That officially sucks! Well, the good news is- now that you've gotten ALL of that out of the way...time for something good to happen! Holy cow. Thank goodness for the emergency fund. :)

Tyler Fam said...

Wow...I hate it when that happens!!!