Anyway. . . while we were at my parent's house on Sunday the boys played outside as usual. Cash came inside a little bit later with two mosquito bites. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but he has a a SERIOUS reaction to mosquito bites. They swell up so big and get weepy and gross. It's just awful. He got one on the back of his neck on the right side and then one on the side of his head in between his hairline and his left eyebrow. He was scratching at the one on his neck immediately and crying about it so I sprayed some Benadryl on it. I didn't spray the one near his eye because it was so close to his eye and I didn't want him to rub the Benadryl into his eye. In hindsight I probably should have sprayed some on that one too somehow. When he woke up on Monday morning the spot near his eye was VERY swollen. (I got a picture of this but of course it's stuck on the stupid broken dummy camera so you'll just have to use your imagination.) He kept rubbing at it all day at the fair and it just kept getting bigger and more swollen. I kept trying to put cold things on it to take the swelling down but he would just scream at me and push them away. Here's what it looked like when we got home about 6:30 last night.
It reminds me of "Sloth" from the Goonies! Now if I could just get him to say, "Baby Ruuuth!"
Ug. It looks so much worse in person! Ryley kept laughing at Cash (typical!) and Maddie was so worried about him and worried that Ryley was making fun of him (also typical!) I gave him some Benadryl last night before bed to see if that would take the swelling down. When I got him out of bed this morning the first thing he said to me was, "Owie eye" and then he wanted me to kiss it better. Poor little baby can hardly see out of it today.
He's in good spirits otherwise but I don't think we'll be going out in public today for fear of someone reporting me to CPS for enrolling my child in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. If you think this is bad, you should see the other guy!The one on the back of his neck has swollen up too but not anywhere near as bad. I think the Benadryl spray helped keep that down ALOT. I'll have to keep some handy. As for the nickname - I looked up his symptoms on the internet and apparently this is a pretty common condition which has been coined, "Skeeter Syndrome" and is very common in youg children with sensitive skin. Lucky us.




5 comments:
Poor little Cashy! That is the saddest thing I've seen in a long time :(
poor kid! Okay first picture (besides the eye) he looks just like Ryley! Anyways (random)... POOR kid! hopefully it goes down soon.
Dang, that is some reaction. I love how he is smiling in all the pictures though!
Poor Skeeter... that's crazy! Hopefully the swelling has gone down by now!
Poor little guy! Covey's been dealing with too many bites this summer too and he reacts bad- not that bad though! I did get a good laugh about Goonies Sloth. haha He does kind of look like him! LOL
Post a Comment