Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, February 13, 2009

Couple of cute things

I've got a couple of cute videos for you today (if Blogger will actually let me upload them!)

First, I grabbed my camera at naptime the other day so I could get a video of Cash singing his bedtime ritual with me. I hope you can hear him - just try and ignore me. Oh - and I accidentally covered up the microphone when I had to move my hand to pull the covers off of his face so there's a silent part, and unfortunately it's right at the end of "I Love to See the Temple" which is the cutest part. I love to hear him sing "Doo-dee!" Sorry. You can at least still see his lips moving! : )



Next up we have Miss Madison. Yesterday was Famous American day at school. All the 2nd graders picked a famous American from a list (which Michelle Obama was on. PUH-LEASE! She's barely been famous for a year. Hardly list-worthy! But I digress. . .) and they had to research their person, write a speech about it and come dressed up as their person to school to deliver their speech. Maddie was so excited and picked Pocahontas. I made her a costume (yes, all by myself with my sewing machine and without a pattern - GO ME!)

It wasn't much but I think it's pretty good for my very limited sewing skills. The parents weren't allowed to come to the presentations so I made her give us all a little preview before she left for school. It's kind of hard to hear her but I hope it comes out o.k.



Wish I had something to post about Ryley other than all the trouble that he's been in lately at school. I don't know what I'm going to do with that kid - besides have a nice weed-free frontyard!

Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day! We Love you!

6 comments:

Brianne said...

Aw, so precious! Great job on Maddie's costume...very impressive. Sometimes I just can't believe how grown up she is!

Amanda said...

Very cute. I love Maddies costume, looks awesome! Good idea on documenting the bedtime rituals. Those are the little things I worry about forgetting when they get older. So cute!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Cash is such a cutie! Maddie is too grown up for words. Great job on sewing---it seriously looks professional. And Ryley...oh boy. Good luck. I've officially decided I do NOT want any more boys!

Caitlin said...

Hooray for videos! Cash's facial expressions kill me. And Maddie is so big, I just can't even believe it. I'm very impressed with your sewing skills too -- my sewing machine has yet to see the light of day.

J D C and N said...

So fun! And the costume is awesome! Oh, and you totally had me laughing with the Ryley and the weeds comment. haha (but sorry he's been such a handful lately!)

~Jen~ said...

Had to say...I've VERY impressed with Madison's costume. You've got skills!