Get comfy everyone! Lots of pictures to share.
First, Maddie had her last Singers Co. performance a few weeks ago. Here are a few shots of her there.
I can't remember which song she's singing here but dang she's cute!
Singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" from Mary Poppins.
Singing her solo in "Somewhere Out There"
Daddy and Cashy caught all her songs on video. (I made sure he knew exactly where the microphone was this time!)
They had several costume changes in this show and this was a really cute one. So fun!
This is Maddie with Sister Graham who is the lady that is in charge of all this fun. She and her oldest daughter put everything together and teach the girls tons of songs and stuff. She is AMAZING! Maddie and all the girls just love her!
Doesn't she look excited to take a picture with us? Sheesh. Ryley had to sneak in the picture too. After the show he and one of the other little brothers of one of Maddie's co-performers got up on stage and danced like wild men. It was a great night.
Next up, is Kindergarten graduation. Yup, he actually graduated. Just kidding, he's actually a very good student and even got accepted into AIM this year - the Gifted and Talented program here in AISD.
He was really happy to see us at the graduation. I wonder how long that will last.
This is his very sweet and VERY pregnant teacher, Mrs. Leslie. She is just the greatest! She had her baby that Monday after school got out and he's a serious cutie too.
Each of the kids got a special award that was unique just to them. Ryley's was the "Math Whiz" award. We were really shocked when Mrs. Leslie said that. She said he is always the very first one done with his math work and knows that she had better have something extra for him to do while everyone else finishes up their work. He must get that from his father because I really sucked at math. Just ask my dad. There were countless hours of me crying because I couldn't figure out geometry and him staying up late to help me. I'm so glad I don't ever have to take a geometry class again. Josh uses it ALL the time measuring roofs and junk. UGH. Guess who the kids will be going to for help with their math homework? Yup. Dad or Pops.
After all the awards were given out the kids got to have a little party. Nothing like a cupcake dripping with 2 inches of frosting to round off the afternoon. Eeeeew. Kids loved them though!
Last up, I finally got to meet Baby Mason!!! My parents, Brianne and I flew out to California last weekend for his blessing. It was nice to see Caitlin and Dave but let's face it. We were really only there for this cutie pie.
He's got a little heat rash or something going but he's still the cutest little guy!!!
See, here's proof that I was there. Sorry my eyes are buggin' out of my head but this is the only way I could get them to stay open. Brianne took like 20 of them and EVERY time I had my eyes closed or even worse - halfway closed. Yuck. At least you can see how excited I was to see this little guy!
We got into town about 4 pm California time on Saturday and just hung out and got to know Mason a little. On Sunday morning we got up bright and early and headed off to church for his blessing.
How cute is he?! Bubbles and all. Awwwww!
The proud parents
Dave's family from left to right back row: sister Annalee (sp?); Mom, Caitlin, Mason, Dave, Dad (Greg); and big brother Doug. Bottom row: Doug's boys Ryan and Tyler (cuteness!)
Our family - everyone but Josh S. :( Notice my half-open eyes as well as Taylor's! Lovely genes we've got, eh? I'm surprised Mom's aren't closed too.
All the Grandmas: Dave's Grandma and Mom
And the Grandpas too!
One more of the proud parents. How come Caitlin didn't get those horrible eye-closing genes?
After church we all went back to Greg's house and had a big family dinner. There was so much good food - Bonzai Burgers and Freedom Dogs. Yum-o! We were seriously so stuffed I don't think anyone ever ate any dinner. After lunch we just hung out together and talked and played a few games. Taylor and Pops really got into playing Ping Pong and had many a game in the amazingly gorgeous and cool California weather.
On Monday morning all us girls and Mason got up early and did a little shopping. Then we went back to the apartment and got Dave and Pops and headed out to get some lunch and one last stop at Yogurtland before we headed to the airport. We did have time to squeeze in couple more photos before we left though. Awwwww, sweet Mason. It was a quick but really fun trip! Thanks Reid family for everything!
Still to come: Father's Day and a trip to the pool!




5 comments:
Yay! We're glad you guys got to meet Mason too. And I'm glad you were able to get home alright -- sorry about the 4 a.m. thing though :)
Wish I could have come to see Maddie sing... looks like fun! Way to go, Ryley, the little Math Whiz... that's awesome! As for baby Mason... I miss that little cutie pie already. I'm so glad we could go meet him, no matter what time we had to get home!
Looks like a lot of happenings at your house. How fun! Love the pics of the blessing. I so wish I could have come out. Very cute pictures. They all look so profesh! How about you take some pictures of my kids when we are out in Manassa?
loved all the pics and commentary.
Seriously I didn't know JOSH was good at math either--way to go Ryley!
Such cute pics!! Maddie's singing group just looks adorable and glad Ryley's been doing so well in school. Glad you got to go to California too! Looks like a great, super fast trip. :)
Post a Comment