Before we found out we were expecting #4 and while I still had my brain? Yeah, so I've had these edited pictures on my desktop for like 8 months now just waiting to be posted to the blog, and I've been having some serious nesting tendencies lately, so I want to get them off my desktop! Unfortunately, now I have pregnant brain which means I remember about half of the things that happened before I got pregnant so I have no idea which order these pictures go in or what day we visited which park so we'll just have to look at pictures out of order *gasp!*
These next pictures were taken at Hollywood Studios. They had the fun Toy Story Mania ride here, the Tower of Terror (which we took all three kids on and which all three said kids were crying and screaming uncontrollably afterwards - Daddy talked me into it. Yes, I still feel really guilty about it.)
The green army men from Toy Story were very entertaining while we waited in line FOR-E-VER to ride the Toy Story ride. I wonder how long it takes them to get un-green?
One of the must do activities on Maddie's list was the animation studio. The boys dropped me and Maddie off there while they went to the Playhouse Disney show and to see the Indiana Jones show.
I let Maddie hold the camera for a bit and this is what I found later:
The animation studio had a class where they would teach you to draw a Disney character. There were several classes all day and a different character in each. Maddie and I could have stayed here the whole day and been perfectly happy. :) She's quite the little artist.
After three classes and many texts to Daddy saying, "Just one more class, please?" we finally left and joined the boys at Star Wars.
On another day we went back to Magic Kingdom with the plan of meeting some princesses and fairies. Maddie really wanted to meet Tinkerbell! So after leaving the boys somewhere (I don't remember where!) Maddie and I headed off to the Princess Fair. I purposely carried around my good (and very heavy) camera all day just so I could get lots of good pictures with Maddie and her princesses and fairies. Of course, these were all lost when the camera was stolen but I did have a Photopass so we were able to buy these pictures taken by the Disney employees.
We saw all the main princesses too but I apparently didn't feel like editing any of them. :) We did get to meet one of the newest princesses and her prince though. Cash, again, was not cooperative.
On what I think was one of our last days at DisneyWorld we visited Epcot Center again. They had these Kidcot spots at each of the different countries where you could get a mask and a stamp and little cutout from each country. It was a fun activity for the kiddos to search for the "Kidcot Spot" in each country. These masks are still one of their most prized possessions.
Before we left Aunt Wendy told Maddie to be sure to say hello to Mulan for her so we searched and searched for her at all the other parks and thought we weren't going to get to see her. But guess who was in China at Epcot right when we walked by? Yep, Mulan! The boys didn't want to pose with her - lame.
Daddy was really excited about the little store in the Japan section. It was like a little Japanese convenience store with lots of things he remembered from his time there. He bought us some gummy candies and some Calpis. Yep, Calpis. Sounds just like it's spelled, and it's a white milk-based fruity juice. Makes the name sound even better now that you know what it is, doesn't it? "WEIRD!" and "NASTY!" and "NO WAY, JOSE!" were the first words that popped into my head, but I didn't want to influence the kiddos so I kept my mouth shut while they all had a taste.
And the verdict was. . . . YUM! They all loved it! I couldn't get over the fact that it was a fruity watery milk though. It tasted kinda like a milky Fresca without the carbonation. I had one taste and left the rest for them. The kids actually fought over it. Weirdos!
We also saw the really cool street performers in France this day. It was a pretty cool show! This guy kept piling up the chairs and climbing up them. The kids were amazed!
Each night we enjoyed the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom or at Epcot. They do have some seriously amazing fireworks shows! But eventually it was time to head home. We decided since we were so close to the Atlantic ocean we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go see it before we left Florida though. So after checking out of our condo we drove for about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the Atlantic Coast. It was a nice day but it was DANG cold out there! The kids all stuck their hands in the water just to say they've been in the Atlantic ocean but we didn't stay long.
It was such a fun and memorable trip!




1 comment:
so fun! I can't wait til the kids are a little older and we get to go!
Post a Comment