Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, October 04, 2010

50 Nifty United States

I promised the kids that as soon as they had all the states memorized from the song that I'd make a video of them and put it on the blog. They were so excited! Cash is "shy" and "didn't want to see" so he kept his eyes closed the whole time. What a weirdo!

50 Nifty United States from Jeni Hopewell on Vimeo.

We started learning this song at the beginning of the year (just 6 weeks ago) and I am really surprised at how quickly they learned it! I thought for sure we'd be doing it for a couple of months. They really like learning songs though and beg for more. I don't know what we're going to do next - I thought I'd have more time to figure it out!

Like my very pregnant belly? 31 weeks baby!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute belly. and Cash with his eyes closed seriously CRACKED me up!!! hahahah

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Awesome! I remember learning that song in elementary school and I still use it!
We sang another part at the end: In our cool, considered, objective opinion, UTAH IS THE BEST!... of the 50 nifty United States from..blah blah blah...

Your kids are great. And good job to you for being a fantastic and cute preggo teacher.

Caitlin said...

It is a song for the ages! To this day I can remember all the states in order because of it :) Great job kiddos!

Brianne said...

Bravo! Cash is such a funny kid with his eyes closed...he knew all the states though!

Kirsti said...

That's awesome!! Love it

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

cute belly!

great song. my kids loved watching it too.