Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, November 26, 2010

So thankful. . .

for all of our many blessings this year.  It's been a rough year but I still have MUCH to be thankful for!

Like these three cuties. . .kids 

Who are sometimes just plain crazy . . .crazypeople

I'm thankful for each one of these crazy people, especially for that big crazy at the top.  I don't know what I would do without him!  I'm so thankful that he is patient, unselfish, a worthy Priesthood holder and leader of our home, the best husband EVER, the most amazing and loving father, provider for our family, never a complainer, honest, excited to be the father of a soon-to-be cub scout, smart, the coach of all our soccer and basketball teams, always willing to do whatever I ask him to do, my very best friend, and has put up with being married to me for 14 years! 

maddie

I am so thankful for this girl!  What a blessing it was to have her be the firstborn in our family.  Josh and I were just talking yesterday that exactly 10 years ago we were telling everyone that we were pregnant with her.  I can't believe it's been that long already!  I'm so thankful that she is eager to help everyone, imaginative, loving and nurturing, sensitive to others, creative, smart, talented, a good example to her brothers and all her little cousins, an awesome babysitter, a good friend to everyone, eager to try new things, very patient, an avid reader, loves to tell jokes, and is the most dependable kid on the planet!  She is a sweet girl and is a HUGE help to me. 

ryley

I am thankful for this kid!  He's about to turn eight and become a cub scout soon, which is just CRAZY to me!  I'm excited for him and I know he's excited too, but no one is as excited as Josh is.  :)  I'm so thankful that Ryley is always willing to give out a hug and often does so out of the blue, rarely complains about anything and does his chores willingly, learning to love books, a great little soccer player, our human calculator and loves math, the king of random and makes us laugh, a good brother and a sweet son who tries very hard to do what's right.  He's so much like his Dad and I am very thankful for that. 

cash

I'm thankful for this kid too!  Who wouldn't be thankful for that adorable little face?  I'm so thankful that Cash is still my snugglebug even though he's 4 1/2, imaginative and always thinking up some crazy invention, excited about learning and loves school time, excited about being a big brother, such a character and always makes us laugh, still a mama's boy, a sweet brother, and is still willing to let his mama give him lots of kisses - as long as it's not in front of anyone else. 

Besides my family I'm also very thankful for (in no particular order):

1.  A loving Heavenly Father.

2.  My Savior.

3. My testimony of the Gospel and Book of Mormon.

4. That this pregnancy is almost over!!!  It may not be as soon as we thought and hoped it would be but it will end eventually (or that's what I keep telling myself anyway!)

5. All the family we have close by.  It is a HUGE blessing that I am extremely thankful for! Two sets of parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, and a great grandma too - WOW!

6. A home to live in.

7. A healthy family.

8. A new baby soon to be added to the family!

9. Music.  I'm so thankful that just by singing a song together or playing one on the piano can change the feeling in our home.  What an amazing thing!  I'm thankful that it's such a great learning tool as well.  We've learned so many things by putting it to music. 

10. Books.  I have always loved reading but I've been able to read a lot more than usual these past 9 months and I am so grateful for them.  I'm grateful that my kids are really starting to enjoy them more now too. 

11. My camera.  It sounds kind of weird to say it, but I really am thankful for it - especially after getting my last one stolen in January and not having one for a while!  I love taking pictures and keeping track of our family's history in our scrapbooks. 

family112010

This list certainly isn't all inclusive but it's a few things I've been thinking about today.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Those are definitely some cute little faces you get to look at every day! Look how much they've grown up compared to the picture in your blog header...crazy. Can't wait to meet little Hopewell #4 (hopefully sooner than later)!

Amanda said...

Very cute post Jeni! You've got some very cutie babies over there. We're thinking about you. Get this baby here!

Kirsti said...

I love this post and I am thankful for your camera too- you seriously inspire me! I just wish my kids would hold still long enough for me to get a good close up...
Your family is beautiful and I can't wait to see the new little one. Hope you are feeling ok!!