Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Attempting Project 365, or maybe 363?

I've known about this project for several years and have always thought it would be such a cool thing to be able to look back and see a picture for every single day of the year, BUT I really hate starting something that I know I won't or can't finish.  So, I haven't ever even thought about attempting.  I'm going for it this year though.  I think knowing that Sawyer is the last little baby in our family has really influenced that decision.  I want to enjoy every single moment I can with him.  I wish I could keep him tiny forever but since I can't, I'm trying to take a bazillion pictures of him (and everyone else) everyday. 

I am admittedly a perfectionist and REALLY hate having unfinished projects so imagine my horror to realize that I've already missed two days of this, and we're not even out of January yet!  First, I totally spaced and didn't even remember to start this project until January 2.  Way to go, Jeni.  :(  Then, I thought I was doing well, but after going through the pictures I've taken so far I realized I don't have one from January 15, either.  Awesome.  :(  I'm trying really hard not to completely quit the project though since it can't be "perfect" now.  Grrrrr.   I guess it will still be cool to have 363 days of photos instead of 365.  I could lie about it I guess, but I'd still know and it would drive me crazy!  *Let it go, Jeni. Let it go.*  That's my motto for this year! 

I'm trying to take most of them with my good camera but in some cases the cell phone will have to do.  Anyway, here are the photos I've taken so far:

Bjorns visit - first of many "shows" the kids put on

010211

how Sawyer spends most of our school time - in his swing or bouncy seat by us in the kitchen

010311

cutest little man (still a little jaundiced)

010411

not so great cell phone shot - taken at about 11:50 p.m.  Almost forgot this day too!

010511 

another sad cell phone shot - out to eat with the family at On The Border (note to self: Sawyer is NOT a fan of Mexican food.  Boo.)

 010611

good morning sunshine!

010711

games at the Bjorns' birthday party (poor Bergen and his scratched up face!)

010811

blessing day

010911

brotherly love

 011011

trying out my Lensbaby lens - very fun!

011111

chore time

011211

starting to smile at us!

011311

signing up the kids on Club Penguin (they each wanted a membership and are paying for it using $1 a week from their commissions)

011411

all dressed up for church

011611

sleeping in the new swing from Aunt Brianne (hallelujah!!!)

011711

waking up in the new swing the next morning (longest stretch so far!)

011811

hard working man!

011911

enjoying bath time

012011

Cash's chia pet is becoming Don King

012111

(Ryley took this picture!)  Sawyer in the Moby wrap at Maddie's basketball game

012211

I haven't taken a photo yet today - I'm hoping to do that at Granny and Pops' at dinnertime.  Think I can capture the chaos over there?  hahaha 

So hopefully, I can keep this up.  I already take a ton of pictures but I definitely usually don't get out the camera everyday.  Hope I can remember!

5 comments:

Kirsti said...

I think this is such an awesome idea!! Seriously, even if you miss 2 days a month, I think the memories that you are creating are totally priceless! How fun- what a beautiful family you have!

Brianne said...

Love it! I've been wanting to do Project 365 for a while too, but like you, I have the perfectionist problem so I've never attempted it. Don't stop though...I think you're doing awesome for all that you have going on!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

those totally make me smile :)

Amanda said...

My friend did the 365 project too. I think I will attempt to do it next year. I would have no problem with the whole skipping a day thing though. I need a little more perfectionist in me I guess(you should see my house, yowza!) Just do what you can-when you can and it won't matter in the long run. It will be so fun for you to look back on. So keep it up! Such cute pictures. One day I want to get cool lenses like you!

Ariana Rose said...

I LOVE 365 projects!!! Your little Sawyer is so adorable and I really adore that name!

I love the baptism pictures below along with that one of Sawyer smiling at his big brother! Oh my gosh that's the cutest picture ever!

The birth story and pictures are making me miss that phase so much! Gosh that tiny, squishy newborn phase passes way too fast :-(