Well, I finally got around to editing some photos from Christmas. I honestly don't remember much about the season since Sawyer was born right at the beginning of it. I guess I'll have to let the pictures do most of the talking. I'll try and remember a few things to fill in the gaps.
We spent Christmas Eve with Grandma and Grandpa Hopewell. Grandpa and Maddie sang a few songs together.
We played with our cousins.
We listened to Grandpa's stories. . .
and listened. . .
and cuddled while we were listening . . .
. . . and listened some more.
Then it was time for stockings!
And time for very sweet and precious presents that make big, grown-up men cry. ;)
Josh's Mom spent countless hours putting together books for each of the boys comprised of all the letters they had written home during their missions. Such an amazing and thoughtful gift for these boys!
We enjoyed dinner together and had lots of fun until it was time to go home and get ready for Santa to come to our house. We went home and opened up our Christmas Eve presents - new jammies (seen in pictures below.)
The kids were up bright dark and early, so excited to tell us what Santa had brought for them! Santa didn't drop off this Flip camera for Josh though. That was an anniversary present given to him by his super awesome and extremely thoughtful wife of 14 years.
We opened our presents and emptied our stockings after seeing what Santa brought. (Maddie - digital camera, Ryley - SpyGear, Cash - Nintendo DS.) Maddie also got a few presents from some of her friends. Here she's opening up one from her friend, Cally.
Ryley was excited to get all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.
Cash only had a few things on his list and he stuck to them for months. A DS, a Chia pet and a Creepy Crawly Bug Maker. What a weirdo. Santa dropped off the first two presents at our house.
After opening presents together at home we all got dressed and headed over to Granny and Pops' house for more presents and most importantly - waffles!
Santa dropped off the Creepy Crawly Bug Maker for Cash and Ryley at Granny and Pops' house. Isn't Santa amazing?
Uncle Taylor was here too! I couldn't resist posting this picture of him in his awesome new hat. :)
Brianne and John and their kiddos were there too. I don't know how I managed to get a bunch of pictures without even one of them in one! The boys all had fun making creepy crawly bugs and playing together. Yay for lots of cousins!
But the best present of all this Christmas. . .
was the one who slept through most of the festivities.
We also went back to the Hopewell's later on Christmas Day to celebrate with the WHOLE family. I didn't get any pictures though. It's kind of hard to take pictures with a baby in your arms. :) It was fun to see everyone and do the traditional Hopewell Christmas program. It was a very Merry Christmas!




3 comments:
Well it's about time! I guess you have a pretty good (and very cute) little excuse in Sawyer. He's grown up so much since then. Time just keeps flying by!
P.S. I'm pretty sure the reason we aren't in any of your pictures is because our boys NEVER sit still long enough!
fun to see the pics..and Cash is a boy after my own heart....I totally had a creepy crawler set as a kid! hahah :)
Christmas update in March, I'll take it :)
Your kids are gorgeous! I was looking at a few posts below as well as this one and was oohinh and ahhing over how freaking cute they are!
With how busy you are I can see why you haven't had a chance to update for a while.
And I personally hate going through holiday photos. They bore me until months later. Then they're really fun. haha
Post a Comment