This totally should have been blogged about sooner than this but nothing happens the way I want it to around here anymore. Why should blogging be any different? :)
I can't believe my Sweet Cash turned 5 more than a month ago! He still seems like my baby. It's just not possible that he's old enough to be in kindergarten! I felt really bad that he's never had a friend birthday party so I caved and let him have one this year. The theme he chose is what he has been obsessed with since Ryley's birthday way back in December - Pokemon! He dictated suggested how I should make his invitations and so I dusted off my paper crafting supplies and made some Pokeball invites for him. It had been a long time since my paper cutter and I had spent any quality time together, so I'm not gonna lie - I kind of enjoyed it.
I asked him who he wanted to invite to his party and immediately he answered, "The Lukes." It took me a minute but then I realized who he was talking about. He has three friends his age from church all named Luke! So all the Lukes were invited and then some.
A couple of days before his actual birthday he got to have his long-awaited-for friend party. The boys all arrived and the first thing we did was make Pikachu ears for each of them.
They ran around the house and outside screaming, "Pika, pika, pika!" for waaaaaay too long then we settled down for some pizza. Cash requested homemade Alfredo pizza and limeade.
Then they ran around being crazy and playing Pokemon some more until it was time for cake!
This face is SO Cash. I love that little nerdlet.
Then they got all hyped up on cake and lime sherbet (another weird request from the birthday boy.) Then it was present time!!
Think he's a little bit excited about getting the Pokemon Black version DS game that he's been talking about and asking for for at least 4 months? Maybe just a tad.
All in all I think it was a pretty good birth-a-day (the word he's made up for his special day - and the word that he still uses when talking about it) for my sweet little Cash. And if that wasn't enough we had another party for all the family a few days later. Grandma and Grandpa found the perfect accessory for our Cash-ola.
More Pokemon goodies from Grandma and Grandpa and Brianne and John too. . .
And a new scooter from Granny and Pops!
And of course, more cake! This time I made him some rainbow cupcakes. So fun!!
We love this little man and we're so glad he's party of our family. I can't believe he's already 5 but then it also seems like he's been around forever. I can hardly remember our little family before him. Here are a few of the many things we've come to love about Cash: He is such a crack-up and has us laughing all day. He's also quite dramatic! He's very inventive and creative. He's always got some plan to make some money or some contraption he's building. He's still a little snuggle bug and is quick to say "I love you" to any of us. He HATES chocolate but will eat Tootsie Rolls and despises any and all vegetables. He has a memory like no other kid I've met and will often ask me about some random moment he remembers from when he was like 2! He is loving Kindergarten (we're schooling through the summer) and is picking up reading very quickly. He says math is his favorite thing and writing is his least favorite. He has a special Winnie the Pooh blanket that he sleeps under every night and still has his diapeys. He LOVES his little brother Sawyer and is smelling his feet or hands, kissing him and just generally annoying adoring him every chance he gets.
Happy 5th birth-a-day Cash!!! Time - please slow down so we can enjoy this sweet 5-year-old as long as possible. :)




3 comments:
Looks like a way fun party. Your cake looks amazing! Way to go! He looks like he thoroughly enjoyed all his gifts. What a cute little guy. He's grown up so much!
He's definitely a little character...love his crazy expressions and the funny things he says! Can't believe how fast all the kids are growing up.
K - wait. You didn't have any games for the b-day party? How did you do that? I always had to come up wih dumb games to try and entertain them. Wow you are GOOD! - or lucky :)
Happy Birthday cute boy!!!
Post a Comment