Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grandma's Birthday

Well, we're finally back and I'm putting off looking through my thousands (literally, thousands!) of photos from the trip by doing everything and anything else. . . like blogging.  :)  So since I probably won't be ready to blog about the trip for a few months here are some pictures I edited before we ever left. 

Josh's mom birthday was back in July and his dad had a special little party planned for her at Sandy Lake Park.  All of us kids who live around here were able to go (we missed you Jordan and Jessie+family!) plus Wendy and Bruce and their kids/grandkids and Ira and Nancy.  It was SUPER hot but still fun to get together with everyone.  grandma60th-2

Ironically the party was the same weekend as the Celebration in Colorado and the kids were bummed that we weren't there to go to the carnival.  When we got to Sandy Lake Park we discovered it was basically a carnival just set there permanently with lots of the same rides and everything!  They got to go to the carnival after all.  Grandpa rode on lots of rides with the bigger kids.

grandma60th-5

Cash is not quite as adventurous so he stuck to the very slow moving rides.  Which also means I was able to actually get some pictures of him.  The other kids were either too high or too fast for me to get many pictures of them. grandma60th-4

How cute is this kid?!  I love that little dimple!grandma60th-6

They also have a little train that takes you through the park.  Fun!grandma60th-8

Sawyer was a little sleepy and VERY hot, but he's such a good baby and didn't complain much.  grandma60th-3

He and Cole (Austin and Jess' boy) checked each other out.  This picture cracks me up!grandma60th-7

It was a fun day and was even better when we finally got to go the pool.  Luckily I've spared the world seeing me in a bathing suit - I did not want my camera anywhere near the water!  Here's one last picture though, since Josh says I never post any pictures of me on the blog.  :)grandma60th-1 

Well, that's it.  I guess I have no excuse to not edit photos now.  My kids have been edumacated, dishes are done, floors are clean, and the baby's asleep.  Might as well get to work!     

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

I cannot believe what a little mini-Josh that Sawyer is! Love seeing pics of the fam, so yes, please do get to work editing and posting some more!

Brianne said...

Super cute pics! How did you edit them? They look a little retro-ish. Do you remember the camera settings? I really like the blurred backgrounds too. Can't wait to catch up with you guys soon!

Amanda said...

Very cool pics! Looks like you guys have been busy!

Keri and Neal said...

Sounds like a great time! Hooray for the cooler weather that arrived this weekend.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

what a cute/sleepy/little doll of a boy!!! so cute! Sad we missed the party --3 years *sigh!