We kicked off the season with a little pumpkin carving. I had high hopes of a pumpkin patch visit but things just didn't work out so we visited our local Target produce section instead. I was impressed - they had some pretty decent pumpkins!
Maddie and Ryley drew their faces on their pumpkins all on their own and Cash told me what he wanted and I drew it on his. Then we got carving. Daddy and I did most of the carving but the kids (Maddie and Ryley) were really good about cleaning out their own pumpkins. Cash, of course, observed from his chair and pretty much just told me how to do everything, taking credit for it all as we went along. Where does that kid get his bossiness? I guess we'll never know.
Sa-sa snacked on cereal for a while and was pretty good just watching us all make a huge mess. Until he ran out of cereal and we were all up to our elbows in pumpkin muck and couldn't give him any more! Good thing Cash refused to get dirty. He came in handy after all!
After we were done carving the kids ran upstairs and took showers while I cleaned up the kitchen. Cash apparently thinks jack o'lantern pictures are a formal affair, hence the necktie. Who knows. . .
Some pictures of the lit lanterns:
We had a ward Trunk or Treat on Saturday so the kids were excited about trick or treating twice!
Then they headed out into the neighborhood on Monday evening for more candy!
This guy went along for a little bit too.
First stop was our neighbor's house.
They came home with quite the haul. Ryley ended up giving a bunch of his away at the door when we ran out of candy for the trick or treaters. They all still have bags of candy left on the counter!! Maybe I can sneak them into the trash without them ever noticing. . .




No comments:
Post a Comment