Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The 4th of July

Nothing like a little 4th of July in October, right?  We met up with John and Brianne and their family for the Frisco fireworks.  We got there pretty early to have some dinner and hang out.  The weather was AWESOME.  Like perfect awesome.  Like never, ever happens in Texas in July awesome.  

Brianne had an air mattress all set up in the back of John's truck and the kids spent lots of time up there.  

4th of July-1

We were at a school (junior or high school, I can't remember) and there was a huge lawn area where the kids could run.  The boys had football games going on and Sawyer was ecstatic to be able to run as much as he wanted.  

4th of July-2

I snagged this cutie and we hung out together for a little bit.  

4th of July-3

We had some dinner while we waited for it to get dark.  

4th of July-4

4th of July-5

Lu had lots of fun going through my diaper bag and playing with all the exciting things in it.  

4th of July-6

4th of July-7

Maddie is becoming quite the little photographer and often steals my camera.  She caught me stealing a little sugar from Lulu.  I think Maddie took all these pictures below.  

4th of July-9

4th of July-10

4th of July-11

4th of July-12

4th of July-13

4th of July-14

It finally started getting dark so we pulled out the glowsticks.  

4th of July-15

Brianne found these awesome glow glasses.  So fun!

4th of July-16

4th of July-17

4th of July-18

4th of July-19

4th of July-20

4th of July-21

It doesn't look like it in the photos but it was a lot darker and the fireworks weren't far off. (These last two pictures were taken around the same time.  On the first one I exposed for the girls' faces and on the second one I exposed for the glowsticks.)

4th of July-22

4th of July-24

I am AWFUL at getting good pictures of fireworks.  I try every year and every year I wish I had brought my tripod.  I never take it though because it's just one more thing to carry.  I did get one little picture that looked decent this year though.  Teeny weeny little fireworks but at least it's not blurry!

4th of July-23

Someone remind to take my tripod next year! 

No comments: