Ryley earned his Arrow of Light award in Cub Scouts and received it in November at Pack Meeting. He was pretty excited about wearing his new Boy Scout uniform to the Pack Meeting. Daddy is the Cubmaster right now so he had lots of fun things planned for Ryley’s ceremony.
The evening started off with a little game of human knot.
One little one was NOT happy about being strapped in her stroller.
Ryley also received several other Webelos pins and stuff.
Maddie and her friend were captivated by the Pack Meeting. *eyeroll* There are worse things they could be doing.
After all the boys had received their achievements Daddy had a special surprise for Ryley. Another father blindfolded him while Daddy left the room for a minute.
I had no idea what he had planned so I was as shocked as everyone else when Daddy came back in the room in this get up.
Daddy had some Cubs lead Ryley outside to the other special surprise.
Ryley was so surprised when Daddy finally took off the blindfold!
Then it was my turn to come up and do some face painting.
The wind kept blowing Daddy’s headdress into his eyes.
We wrapped it up outside pretty quickly as it was very cold. I felt really bad for Ryley - it hadn’t been a very cold day so I told him to wear his new uniform pants as shorts (they unzip at the knee) since I hadn’t had a chance to hem them yet. Oops. He left his coat in the car too!
Once inside I snapped a couple pictures of him with his arrow.
To say he has enjoyed his time as a Cub Scout would be the understatement of the year. This kid is definitely his father’s son and loves everything to do with Scouting. I have no doubt that he will go on to accomplish lots of great things in Boy Scouts as well.





















No comments:
Post a Comment