Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cash Update


"Mmmm, ice cream - good!"



"Arrgh! Take ice cream away -BAD!""


Cash is getting so big! I can't believe he's almost a year old! He's finally eating some solid foods. He still doesn't care much for baby food, but I can get him to eat small pieces of toast, Cheerios, any kind of candy, ice cream, grapes, strawberries, yogurt, and I've even gotten him to drink a little whole milk from a bottle. There may be hope for him yet! He's still not sleeping through the night; although for the past two nights he's only woken up once. But now I've jinxed that and he'll wake up three times again tonight. He's really good at crawling and can move pretty fast - especially if he sees an open door. He'll look back at me and then look at the door and take off. He has no interest whatsoever in walking on his own yet. He will walk around the couch and pull himself up on the furniture. He can balance himself and stand up on his own, but he refuses to do it and immediately starts squatting once we let go.

He has three teeth now, which all came in around the same time. Two on the bottom and the top left one. The top right should break through any day now. He can wave hi and bye-bye. I think he even says hi because when he sees someone he will wave and say "Ha-a-a-ah!" He shakes his head no (especially when I try to feed him something) and throws things when he doesn't want them anymore, i.e. a toy I think he's just dropped but is really just tired of it or his water cup (which he doesn't even drink out of - it's just there for show). Uh oh, that sounds like someone else I know. Brianne, I think you're kid is rubbing off on mine!

He's grown some more hair finally. I trimmed the mohawk not too long ago. The back is getting longer too, but I don't want to cut it since it hides his weird alopecia spot (the red spot with no hair on it). He's getting taller but not any wider. His 9 month pants fit him around the waist really well but they're too short for him. The 12-month pants are way too big. He's at a weird stage I guess, good thing it's almost summer and time to wear shorts!

We had to get a baby gate to make baby jail upstairs. Cash does not like me to go downstairs without him. He knows the sound of the gate and immediately looks for me, crawls to the gate, and starts crying if he sees me going down. He does like for me to sit on the stair side of the gate and play with him through the slats. He thinks it's pretty hilarious.

"Take me with you Mommy!"

3 comments:

Brianne said...

What a cutie! Alright, we can't blame everything on Ben. And if you want to play that game maybe we should start with Ryley (aka "the beast") rubbing off on sweet and innocent little Ben! Ha, that's a good one (the sweet and innocent part). Anyway, Cash sure is growing up fast. Good thing we'll have another newborn around soon to take up the "Baby so and so" nickname. "Baby Cash" will just have to be Cash from then on. Then it's your turn again to pop out another one, right? :)

Jeni said...

Um, actually I think we should blame Josh (my husband, not my brother) for everything. After all, it is mostly his fault that Ryley is the way he is. He's probably contributed to Ben's beastiness too. As for the popping another out, um - NO. I believe Mandy and Caitlin have some serious catching up to do. I have done my part for a while!

Caitlin said...

That's right, Mandy. Your spawn are too precious not to make more. My children, however, will be dwarves -- it's best we hold out for as long as possible. P.S. I know where Cash is eating in that picture -- and I have to admit I'm missing Jason's Deli equal to or more than Cash. Okay, just equal to.