
BLACK BELT STANCE

HI-YAH!
Ryley started taking karate lessons two weeks ago. He is the cutest thing I have ever seen in his little uniform! When he puts on the uniform he gets this mean and really serious look on his face like he's the toughest kid around. It is too cute! He's gotten pretty good in the two weeks that he's been going. He's yelling "Yes sir!" like the older kids and remembering a lot of the moves. The kids usually line up to take turns doing the specific move with the instructor and so after they've done it they run to the back of the line. Ryley's so funny after he finishes he looks over at me and he's so proud of himself he can't help but smile at me but he doesn't want to not look tough and mean so he's really quick about it. He'll even wave to me from the mat, but it's really quick because he doesn't want anyone to see him waving to his mommy. He would totally freak out if he knew I was saying how "cute" I thought he was. He would yell, "I'm not cute Mommy - I'm cool!" He's cool, but he's also the cutest little man, and as his Aunt Caitlin would say, "Oh, my heart!"

2 comments:
He really is ridiculously CUTE in his little uniform. I guess all the karate chopping we'll be subjected to from now on will be worth it just for that.
Precious! I love that he is suppressing his excitement! I can only imagine that combo of being so excited, but needing to act cool. Sounds hilarious. He definitely looks pretty cute in his outfit -- and he's looking so grown up. His hair is long!
Post a Comment