Monday, June 25, 2007
New Smile
It's finally happened! Maddie has lost her first tooth - wait - first TWO teeth! At the same time! Her two bottom teeth have been really loose for quite a while now. Everyday she would ask me, "Are they gonna fall out today, Mom?" I offered to pull them out for her quite a few times but she just responded with crying so I figured that wasn't a good idea.
She came running out of her room Sunday afternoon crying and saying that her teeth were bleeding. We kept asking her if they hurt but she said no - and kept crying. (Do you notice a theme with her yet? I can't imagine where she gets it from!) Daddy ran downstairs and got some paper towels, and as I was stopping the bleeding, I could see that both teeth were just hanging by a thread. I decided to pull a little and see what would happen. I barely had to touch them and they were out. You can already see the new ones coming in! She was so excited! Needless to say, the tooth fairy stopped by our house last night and left her $5! I guess she thought it was pretty special to lose two teeth at the same time. I would venture to say that Maddie's teeth will not be as profitable in the future - unless she loses them all two at a time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
That's a generous tooth fairy! I'm glad she was also generous enough to give the teeth back to mommy for scrapbooking. How exciting for Maddie...and what a cute toothless smile!
$5!?! Where was this tooth fairy when I was losing teeth?
Caitlin... we need to have a talk about who the tooth fairy really is.
Meet me later for a sobering talk.
Are you really srapbooking her teeth??! haha I guess it's not really that surprising. :) How fun to lose those first teeth and get money for it!
Where's dad's yellow tweet shirt when you need it? "Don't worry, I just want to feel how loose it is."
Post a Comment