Friday, November 16, 2007
Ugh
It's been a rough week at the Hopewell's. My darling sister, Brianne, shared a puke bug with the whole entire family. Not on purpose, of course, but shared nonetheless. Ryley started puking about 9 p.m. on Monday night and every 20 minutes after that until about 4 a.m., I started about 6 a.m. Tuesday morning. Josh never puked but felt like crap all day Tuesday, along with me and Ryley. I think Cash felt yucky too but lucky he never puked. Maddie got it a couple of times on Tuesday night, once right in the middle of CVS with grandma! Thank heavens for mothers-in-law and mothers. Josh and I were desperate for some help after school on Tuesday and my mom had the bug too, although she started feeling better that night and was able to come help put the kids to bed. Roxy was an angel and helped after school and until about 6:30 or 7:00. She got the kids through dinner and baths. We owe her so much. Josh and I were just dead to the world. It is so not fair that both parents got sick at the same time! Anyway, we're finally doing better. I think I had it the worst and still don't feel 100% yet, but I definitely feel better. I was able to disinfect my house yesterday and that made me feel ALOT better too.
To top it all off, I got a new calling on Sunday. It's not "official" yet, but I'm going to talk about it anyway. I got called to be the primary chorister. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong. In two weeks the primary kids are supposed to have 20 minutes of Christmas music prepared for the Allen Nativity Exhibit, another complete program prepared for the ward Christmas party, and be prepared to sing in Church. They haven't even sung a couple of the songs they're supposed to know yet. AHHHHHH! I have almost always been involved in music at church, but I have never been the chorister of anything. I've always been the pianist. I'm a little freaked out, mostly because of all the stuff I'm supposed to do within the next two weeks. Hopefully it will all go well. My mom has been substituting in primary for the chorister for the past couple of weeks so I know they have at least had a couple of weeks of good preparation, so that's a relief.
And, I'm in charge of the Children's section at the Allen Nativity Exhibit this year. I was supposed to be at a meeting on Tuesday night to find out all my responsibilities and everything, but unfortunately I was on my deathbed and couldn't make it. Now I feel like I'm flying blind with that calling too.
And, Ryley's soccer team had their end of season party on Tuesday night, at which I was supposed to bring the Coach's gift - a scrapbook I was supposed to have finished by then. Needless to say, that didn't get done because of all the puking. And we missed his party. Poor guy. I have finished the scrapbook now and should be able to give it to the Coach on Saturday at his last game, but Ryley wasn't able to get his trophy with the other kids and have fun with them. He really got the raw end of that deal. Oh well.
It's been a rough week, and I'm glad it's almost over! I know our problems are very minor compared to others' and I'm very thankful for that. I hope everyone else is doing well!
To top it all off, I got a new calling on Sunday. It's not "official" yet, but I'm going to talk about it anyway. I got called to be the primary chorister. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong. In two weeks the primary kids are supposed to have 20 minutes of Christmas music prepared for the Allen Nativity Exhibit, another complete program prepared for the ward Christmas party, and be prepared to sing in Church. They haven't even sung a couple of the songs they're supposed to know yet. AHHHHHH! I have almost always been involved in music at church, but I have never been the chorister of anything. I've always been the pianist. I'm a little freaked out, mostly because of all the stuff I'm supposed to do within the next two weeks. Hopefully it will all go well. My mom has been substituting in primary for the chorister for the past couple of weeks so I know they have at least had a couple of weeks of good preparation, so that's a relief.
And, I'm in charge of the Children's section at the Allen Nativity Exhibit this year. I was supposed to be at a meeting on Tuesday night to find out all my responsibilities and everything, but unfortunately I was on my deathbed and couldn't make it. Now I feel like I'm flying blind with that calling too.
And, Ryley's soccer team had their end of season party on Tuesday night, at which I was supposed to bring the Coach's gift - a scrapbook I was supposed to have finished by then. Needless to say, that didn't get done because of all the puking. And we missed his party. Poor guy. I have finished the scrapbook now and should be able to give it to the Coach on Saturday at his last game, but Ryley wasn't able to get his trophy with the other kids and have fun with them. He really got the raw end of that deal. Oh well.
It's been a rough week, and I'm glad it's almost over! I know our problems are very minor compared to others' and I'm very thankful for that. I hope everyone else is doing well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I had no idea everyone else got the bug until I talked to mom yesterday...so sorry! I debated not going over to mom and dad's on Sunday, but I didn't want to miss out on the birthday party. If it makes you feel any better, I felt like crap ALL Monday and Tuesday. We've been disinfecting here too. Hopefully we won't pass any germs on to our Thanksgiving visitors. We do NOT need a repeat of Christmas last year!
Oh Jeni! You poor thing! That is such a bummer you were all sick- I'm glad that you had some help though. And also that you guys are doing better. At least it happened the week before Thanksgiving, right? And even though you missed all those important things Tuesday night, at least you shouldn't be missing cardswap this Tuesday (which we all know is more important). hehe
Wow! Well, at least it ravaged the family before the rest of us get there for the holidays . . . last year we should have quarantined you guys :) Sorry that you were all feeling yucky, and glad to hear you're all on the mend!
I'm feel for you! THat is sooo hard. I'm glad you are doing so much better. I thought about calling you this past week (not knowing), but now I'm a little glad I didn't so you could just try to get better. But maybe I should have...oops-sorry. Anyways, I'm glad you had help and that it happened at once and now it's over. (if that makes you feel better). Anyways, I'm blabbing...LOVE YOU!
Sorry to hear about the puke fest, hopefully it was all in places that were relatively easy to clean up (not carpet).
You are the best person for those callings, you'll do great! Say alot of fervent prayers (works for me)!
Ugh - the stomach bug. I laughed when I saw Brianne's comment about Christmas last year b/c I came to visit her a few days before Christmas and I think we got a taste of the Smith bug. It included Isabella puking in the car on the ride home from a Christmas exhibit and then her, Natalie and I ALL taking turns puking for the next 12 hours. It was the worst night of my life I think.
Of course, Brianne didn't mean to pass it along then either. We were just all having lunch at your parents house when little Benny lost his all over the table - this was after both my girls had been kissing him. Shared germs are the best.
Oh, and I'm the primary chorister too. It can be fun and challenging. I was so glad to think we were done with the program when I got a call from the Stake asking me to lead a Stake Primary choir for stake conference last week! The last Stake conference I lead our ward choir for it!
I'm sure you'll do a great job, you're great with kids and music. Good luck with the Creche exhibit, I miss having those, we tried one here a few years back but it just wasn't the same.
Hope you're all better.
Post a Comment