Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, I hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day - I sure did! Have I mentioned lately that I have THE greatest husband in the whole world?! He is. Definitely.

My wonderful weekend started on Friday when Josh took both the boys on the Father and Son Campout. I'll admit that I didn't want Cash to go, but Josh insisted and I finally gave in. I was pretty worried about him the whole time, but he came home safe and dirty so I guess it's all o.k. I wasn't worried about Josh being able to take care of him, I was mostly worried about trying to get Cash to sleep that night. Needless to say, that was Josh's least favorite part of the campout.


Since the boys were gone camping, Maddie and I got to spend some special time together. We went to dinner with Aunt Brianne (who was playing single Mommy all weekend with the hubby gone to Boston) and the boys and then we went to the new Baskin Robbins in Allen! Woohoo! I cannot even describe how excited I was to learn about this place opening up - and it's just down the road. I see many a trip there in our future! Anyway, then we came home and cleaned her room together and vacuumed all upstairs. Yes, that was fun! I love to vacuum and there is rarely a time when all the kids' rooms are cleaned and the upstairs is all clean at the same time so that I can vacuum everything. It's so nice to have a completely clean and all vacuumed house. I love it! Granted it only lasted until the boys came home around 10 a.m. the next morning but it was great while it lasted! Oh - I forgot to mention that before Josh left on the campout he brought me my Mother's Day present. A large format printer!!!!!!

Yee-haw! Guess what I was doing all Saturday?! Well between all the activities anyway - I was printing out 12x12 digital scrapbook pages and putting them in our albums! Yippee! I think this way will be much cheaper in the long run than sending my pages to get printed. It cost me about $4 a print plus shipping and handling to get my pages printed from an online service. The paper I got only cost me less than $1/sheet, so that's already a lot cheaper. I will have to consider the cost of ink but I think it's still a better deal. I'm so lucky to have this guy!!

Sunday morning Josh woke me up with breakfast in bed. (Sorry - no pictures! I gobbled it up way too fast!) I knew he would. He told me the night before that no matter what I hear happening in the kitchen to just stay in bed. Umm, scary! I really just thought he'd make me my usual toast and serve it to me in bed, but guess what he (and the kids) brought me?!!! Homemade Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream! I was freakin' shocked!! He actually made waffles - and not in the toaster! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one. He's been holding out on me for way too long! It was a VERY yummy breakfast and even better - he didn't have any meetings at all that day so he was around to help me get all the kids ready for church by 8:30 a.m. and was even there to help with lunch when we got home. That is just the best present I could ever ask for! Also, while we were at church the men took over for primary and stuff so ALL the women could go to RS! I still had to do Junior Primary, but then I was able to skip Senior! Yay! Josh even played the piano for the kids in Primary!

We went to Josh's parents' house to visit his mom for a while and got to spend lots of quality time with just her. It was actually very nice (and quiet!) Then we went over to my parents' house for dinner - made by my Dad. How nice! We were able to just hang out with them and Brianne and John for a couple of hours without anyone having to rush off to any meetings. So great!

Well, I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day too!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day too. I'm jealous, I want that printer! Have fun! Email me, lets chat!

Caitlin said...

Glad you guys got to have a good Mother's Day. I told Dave he needed to do something nice for me, being a potential mother and all, and he said that didn't count! I guess I just have to remember that he got me my piano :)

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Great planning on the father-son's campout!! I bet Maddie really enjoyed just being with you!! I need to have a mommy-tally day...maybe someday!? :)