Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, November 03, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I know it's been a while since I posted any pictures so I'm making up for it today!!!!! Seriously - GET COMFORTABLE!

We started off our Halloween season by visiting the pumpkin patch/rip-off central. After emptying our pockets just to get into the place we got to feed a cow, a lot of goats, and some sheep. Maddie and Ryley were a little afraid at first but once Daddy showed them how and that the animals wouldn't bite they had so much fun! Cash was TERRIFIED so he and I hung out farther away.
Daddy and Ryley feeding the goat

Maddie getting brave and feeding the goat too


Besides feeding the animals they had a fun little hayride.

My Boys

On the hayride I finally managed to get Cash to say cheese for me. So cute!

There were also lots of picture spots and we managed to get a little picture of me and the kids.

I guess the sun was a little bright or something!

We got to each pick out a pumpkin and we were all looking for something different.


Ryley was on the lookout for a pumpkin with a super long stem.

Maddie just wanted "the perfect" pumpkin and had the hardest time deciding!

Cash was much easier to please and just went and picked up the first one he found (and could pick up!)


As we were leaving Cash found his favorite part of the pumpkin patch! It took FOREVER to get him off this thing!

Two days later Ryley went to the same pumpkin patch with his kindergarten class and picked out another pumpkin. He was so proud of the stem on this baby and was absolutely distraught when it broke off. He had it all worked out in his head that he was going to glue it back on and was pretty disappointed when I told him glue probably wouldn't work. He then suggested tape (this stem HAD to be put back on!) and so we ended up with this on our front porch:

It's all about the stem for this kid. So weird!

A couple of weeks later we finally managed to find some time to carve the pumpkins. Maddie and Ryley told me what they wanted the faces to look like. I did all the carving and Josh and the kids did all the cleaning/scraping. Cash just ran around the house like a crazy man and wanted nothing to do with getting messy.

Maddie was really into scraping out the seeds all by herself.

Ryley (aka Naked Guy!) didn't like it very much but we made him help. He really wanted to use the knife. . . . ummmmm - NO.

Here are the Jack-O-Lanterns that are currently rotting on our porch.

Cash's

Ryley's (skull with a pirate eye-patch)

Maddie's

On Halloween we all got dressed up and went to the ward Trunk or Treat.


Ryley was Wolverine (aka "Scrape Guy")

Maddie was Miley Cyrus (NOT Hannah Montana)

Cash was the CUTEST cowboy ever! He kept pulling out his gun and saying, "Hee Haw!" Sooooooo stinking cute!

Josh and I also dressed up although there was only ONE person who actually figured out our costumes!

Black-eyed "P"! So obvious - come on people! Sorry, no picture of me. It was exactly the same as Josh just smaller and blonder. : )

Hope you all had a fabulous Halloween too!

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Cute pictures! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!

Brianne said...

I guess the pumpkin patch would get pretty spendy with that many people. Looks like the kids had a great Halloween though... cute costumes!

Amanda said...

Wow! You have serious pumpkin carving skills! Cute costumes. You and Josh are pretty creative. Sounds like Maddie is quite the Diva these days. I hope she isn't too cool to talk to us tomorrow!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

loved all the pictures! And the costumes. i can't believe how grown up Maddie looks!

Oh, and FYI...goats DO bite! Last year at the pumpkin patch one thought Bergen's fingers were food and I had to literally rip them out of the goats mouth! Indentions to prove how hard he was chomping...just don't tell the kids :)

J D C and N said...

Cute pictures...and that's so funny about Ryley and his pumpkin! haha The carvings look great too- and the costumes!