Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just a couple of things. . .

Sorry, no pictures from Christmas yet. I just wanted to post a couple of things. First I have another blog! Yes, I know I have serious problems with keeping the other two updated but I've been feeling like I should do this for a while now. I've learned to listen to inspiration even if it makes absolutely no sense to me! Here's the new blog:

Jeni's Singing Time Helps

Probably won't be very useful to most of you, but I know there are other primary choristers out there looking for ideas (I know I'm constantly searching!) There's not much on it right now, but hopefully I'll be able to add some things to it soon.

I also just wanted to post a couple things about my my sweet Cashy. He makes me smile every time I look at him and just makes me happy to be a mama. These are some reasons why:

1. Today he and I were sitting on the couch and he was coloring with his magna doodle. He was trying to color the entire surface black and was getting impatient at how long it was taking him. He looked up at me and said, "You hep me Mommy?" *heart melts* So I finish coloring in the last little bit for him and he got so excited and said, "Yep. Good job Mommy!" Man, he's cute!

2. While he's eating lunch I sometimes go in a play the piano for a bit. The other day he came in to the piano room and sat down in the chair while I was still playing. When I turned around he was sitting there with his arms behind his head and his legs crossed out in front of him with his eyes closed. He realized I had stopped playing and said, "Dat's my fav'rit song." I don't even remember what I was playing. I just thought it was cute that he was sitting there listening and knew to comment on my playing. How cute is he?!

3. Some of my favorite sayings of his:
"I wear my coo shoes" - His "cool" shoes are the ones that tie - not just the velcro ones.
"Whew! Dat was close!" - I have no idea where this came from and he will just randomly say it. So funny.
"It's code in here!" - Said whenever we go outside, especially when getting in and out of the car.
"It's NOT nappy time?" - Said right when he's done with lunch and repeated all the way upstairs to his bed. He's usually still saying it when I put him in the crib.
"Wan sing See the Temple?" - Said at naptime and bedtime meaning he wants me to sing "I Love to See the Temple to him. He knows the words and will sometimes sing along. This is ALWAYS followed by, "Wan sing Twinko, Little Dar?" Which I sing, and then that's ALWAYS followed by, "Wan sing Jesus Loves You?" which means sing Jesus Said Love Everyone. I have to sing all three of these in this order or he'll just scream and never go to sleep. Spoiled rotten little booger. At least he's learning some primary songs!
"I hurd myself." - Always said while sticking some part of his body in my face to kiss better. I wish you could hear the way he says it though. He puts emphasis on the "huh" part of hurt and has a little twangy accent that makes the I have two syllables and the myself have about three. Too stinkin' cute.
4. His latest thing is to pull his pants down to show me his "underwear." He'll turn around and shake his little bootie and say, "Look! My underwear!" We have his older brother to thank for this nice (and very hilarious) little trick.
5. He'll run up and give me a big hug while saying, "My Mommy." So sweet.

There was more I was going to write about , but right now he's dancing around and saying, "I need toast, jeddee, and honey." Meaning it's lunchtime! No, that's not what he has for lunch that's just what he says. Better go feed the weirdo.

5 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

such a cute wierdo! Loved reading about sweet Cashy.

Caitlin said...

ha ha what a little ham. If only he didn't just always give me the crusties :)

J D C and N said...

I love the little Cash phrases! How cute. Nice underwear showings... Next step is making himself into an underwear man superhero (then he'd really be following in Ryley's footsteps! haha

Brianne said...

Ha ha ha... funny kid! What a cutie!

Kirsti said...

he is so dang cute! seriously, I just can't get over it-- I can't wait to come visit with you again!