Well, I'm still working on the Colorado pictures and now I have Oklahoma pictures to add to my list of many things to do as well, not to mention Maddie's Baptism. UGH! I'll never get caught up.
Way back in July we celebrated Maddie's 8th birthday. There are so many family members around here we usually end up doing a party with the Smith side and then another party with the Hopewell side. Needless to say, the kids enjoy this VERY much! Twice the parties=twice the cake and twice the presents!
We started off this year with a combined party at Granny and Pops' house for me and Maddie. We had a yummy dinner and then Maddie got to open her presents!
Just warming up my camera for all the present opening pictures. Isn't she beautiful?
She got some CUTE clothes from Granny and Pops. She is all girl and LOVES clothes! Brianne and John also gave her a cool Polly Pocket cruise ship but for some reason my flash wasn't working when I took those pictures so they look like they were taken in the dark. Oh well.
This is the present from me and Daddy - that we got for $1!!!!!!
A karaoke machine and some karaoke CDs! Woohoo! Yes, we have been listening to a lot of singing coming from Maddie's room lately. I am constantly amazed at this little girl's voice and how she can memorize so many lyrics in a flash!
Next up, cake and ice cream!!! We found this super cute ladybug cake at the grocery store and couldn't resist! The spots made perfect places for her many candles.
Waiting very patiently for everyone to quit singing.
Blow those candles out!
Right after Maddie it was my turn. I had to wait a couple of weeks for my birthday pie since Granny and Pops had gone out of town on my birthday. :( Poor me. Just kidding - I'd actually rather not have any more birthdays. Pie yes, birthdays. . . NO thanks! I love how Matt mo's managed to get a finger in the pie even with Brianne and Granny both holding him back. Lil' stinker! It's a good thing he's so darn cute.
I only had one candle by order of the fire marshall. No burning down the house please!
The kids waited patiently for their plates of cake and ice cream.
Some are weirder than others, but still very cute!
Mmmmm, finally!
See, I told you they were weird!
And VERY cute!
And little piggies!
And that was only the first party!!! Sheesh. Next, on Maddie's actual birthday we had Grandma and Grandpa come over for dinner and a little party. And since Jessie and her kiddos were in town they were able to come too!
The kids had SO much fun playing with Tally and Bergen while they were here and this night was no exception. Crazy runs on both sides of our family obviously!
Gee, I wonder where they get it from?
We had dinner and then let the kids play for a while before we got out the cupcakes and ice cream.
Check out the smoke after she blew out the candles! The twisty candles looked cool but were a little on the smoky side!
After getting the kids all hyped up again we decided it was time for presents.
Maddie got a Pucci Puppies from us.
And this adorable bank with her name on it from Jessie and the kids. Grandma and Grandpa gave her the cutest outfit ever (and the one she wears every single time it comes out of the dryer!) along with a Littlest Pet Shop set. This girl loves her Little Pet Shops and now has quite the collection.
We're so thankful to have Maddie in our family. She is such a good helper and good kid. I think to myself at least 10 times a day, "What in the world would I do without Maddie?" She is ALWAYS willing to help Cash do anything and most of the time is willing to help Ryley (he usually doesn't want her to though.) She is my right hand man all the time and she just seems to know what I need without me saying it sometimes. I can tell her to go me the "thing" from upstairs and she understands! My brain doesn't work as well as it used to so you can see how this is helpful. : ) She unloads the dishwasher almost everyday (hallelujah!) and helps fold clothes (can I get an amen!) and can make lunch for all the kids now! She loves singing and dancing and of course, watching TV. Some of her favorite shows right now are "Wizards of Waverly Place," "Hannah Montana," "iCarly," and "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody." How do I know these are her favorite shows? Because at the end of the day when Josh and I are sitting down to relax and watch some TV after the kids are in bed we have to scroll through about 10 of these shows that she's just HAD to record while watching them. Yes, she's figured out the remote control and how to use the DVR, which is actually a real blessing since I can yell upstairs, "Maddie, please turn on a show for Cash!" She's a very tender hearted child and cries easily (I can't imagine where she gets it from!) It was actually kind of nice to not be the only one sobbing as we left GG and YoPapa's house this past time. Usually it's only me. : ) She's got a very good heart and always tries to do what's right. Her sense of humor is really developing and she's even been making up her own jokes - and they actually make sense! She's still very talkative and is almost always the last person to finish her meal because she's been talking to everyone at the table so much. She's very artistic and almost always has a pen and paper with her. She loves all things crafty - much like her mother. She also loves going camping and swimming and riding her bike. She's even come up with an idea for her own business in the last couple of months, which has thrilled her father to no end. They worked together making up some flyers and passing them out through the neighborhood. The Hopewell entrepreneurial spirit has been passed on! We love Maddie so much and thank our Heavenly Father everyday for her and her sweet spirit. What in the world would we do without her?
Next up, Maddie's Baptism and then hopefully Colorado pics!




3 comments:
My Emma likes all the things Maddie likes. Girls!!
Happy belated birthday to you both. Maddie really is growing up (so fast!) to be such a pretty young lady!
I wish I had a Maddie around my house, that's for sure! She's such a sweet and beautiful young lady. I really can't believe she's already 8 years old though!
Post a Comment