Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Festivities

I'm pretty sure I should get some award for doing this!  The three kids and I carved the pumpkins after school one day.  Maddie and Ryley were really into it this year and did almost everything themselves so I guess it wasn't that bad, but it was still a little overwhelming!  Cash was excited until I cut open his pumpkin and told him to start scooping the stuff out.  He looked at me like I was from another planet.  My little clean freak!  I did get him to touch it but that was it. 

cashcleaning2

I threatened him with not getting a jack-o-lantern at all if he didn't help and this it what I got:

cashcleaning

Needless to say, this was the extent of his "help."  I ended up sending him upstairs while the other kids and I finished carving the pumpkins.  He was much happier and so were we.  He didn't like the smell either.   The drama with this kid!

Maddie and Ryley were gung-ho and up for everything though!  They both worked really hard at cleaning out their pumpkins.

maddiecleaning ryleycleaning

They both drew on the faces and carved out their pumpkins.

ryleycarving maddiecarving

And the finished products!ryley-jackolanterncash-jackolantern 

I ended up finishing Cash's for him and he loved it.  Somehow I managed to NOT get a picture of Maddie and her pumpkin = lame Mommy!  Now that it's been out in the sun and heat for a few days it's pretty nasty.  Plus it's crawling with ants so she doesn't want to go anywhere near it.  I'll try to get one of all three when we light them tonight. 

Oh, and Josh decided he wanted to make a jack-o-lantern of his own too. . . belly-o-lantern

He really couldn't believe that I let him do this!  I'm just too tired to argue or run away from him these days.  He really wanted to do it in permanent marker so that Dr. Fong could see it the next day at my appointment, but I mustered enough energy to nix that idea in the bud.  ;) 

Since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year we were planning on going to our ward's Trunk or Treat on Saturday night instead of going Trick or Treating.  That is until we found out Ryley had a soccer game scheduled at the exact same time as our Trunk or Treat.  They don't have any alternates for his team so if he didn't play they'd have to forfeit.  :/  Luckily, Brianne and John's ward was having their Trunk or Treat on Wednesday night so we decided to crash theirs.  It turned out to be really fun to hang out with the cousins, and Granny and Pops were going to be there to help Brianne too so the whole family was there anyway!

Ryley knew a couple of months ago that he wanted to be a skeleton.

ryleyhalloween

Cash saw this costume at Target and immediately said, "I want to be Copy Cat!"  I could not figure out what the heck he was talking about but he grabbed this costume and said it again.  It was one of the cheapest ones there so I said, "Great!"  Apparently Copy Cat is a character on this game the kids like to play on the internet called Poptropica.  That's what the kids tell me anyway!  I just hope it's not a sign of things to come in this kid's future. 

 cashhalloween

Maddie's getting so big now there really aren't that many options for a good modest costume (and cheap too!)  She's outgrown all of her past ones so we had to get her something new.  She finally settled on this cute cheerleader costume. 

 maddiehalloween

I remembered to get a shot of all three together right before they ran off at the Trunk or Treat.mythreekids

We met up with Brianne and her kids and Granny and Pops.  I'm not really sure how we managed to get all the kids to stand still for a minute but we did!  They were all sooooo excited to get started.  It's hard to see in the picture but Brianne turned the boys' wagon into an awesome pirate ship.  It was amazing!allthekids

And this cute little Sadie-bug deserves a closer look. . . sadiebug

She is so adorable!  Hopefully Brianne will have some more better shots on her blog soon (hint, hint!)

That's about all that's been going on around here.  We're getting ready for a homeschooling Halloween party tomorrow with some other families around here that homeschool so the kids are really excited about that.  I'm getting ready to explode, or at least that's what it feels like!  I'm 34 weeks now and there's only about a month left but I'm not convinced that I can make it that long.  Seriously - I'm not sure this belly can get any bigger!  Here's another picture from a couple of weeks ago.

mommy

That's about it for now!

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Ok...Cash is hysterical! So is the jack o lantern Josh colored on your belly - you must have been in a really good mood to allow that :) I'm glad it worked out for you guys to come to our Trunk or Treat instead...it was so fun to have everyone together!

Caitlin said...

You seriously are crazy for allowing the belly pumpkin! I just hope Dave doesn't see this and get any ideas . . .

Everyone looks so great in their costumes! And the little baby-san belly is looking cute too :) Wish we could be together for Halloween!

Amanda said...

Very cute trick or treaters! Cute baby belly. Can't wait to see the little guy! Poor Cash and his cute frowny face.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

okay, first off... you have a TINY belly! And where on earth is your belly button!? funny picture!!

Matt has a HILaRIOUS face in the group picture--and all the kiddos are super cute!

Bergen and Cash share the same "fear" with the pumpkins! haha (and the same expression!)

Nicki Allen said...

Hahaha Cash's pumpkin made me burst out laughing. It's so him!