Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, October 02, 2010

I'm a Soccer Mom

Two times over this season!  Yup, both boys are playing now.  Josh is coaching Cash's team and is also the Asst. Coach for Ryley's team.  Needless to say, Saturdays are very busy now!

These pictures are from Cash's first soccer practice.  He was pretty excited about playing soccer this season - especially since Dad is the coach.  He started calling Josh "Coach" a couple of weeks before the season started and would only answer to "Number One Soccer Player" for a while there.  He's too cute!

  cashsoccer1 

It was HOT!!!

cashsoccer2

cashsoccer3

The first game was pretty entertaining.  He was really excited to finally get to wear his cool uniform. cashsoccer9

cashsoccer10

I was worried about how my shy little Cash would do once he got out onto the field with everyone watching.  The first few minutes were a lot of this:

cashsoccer8cashsoccer11

It was actually pretty funny, but he did finally get over it and had fun - especially with all his new buddies.

cashsoccer7cashsoccer5

This always seems to be a favorite hangout.  I remember Ryley wanting to stay by the goal too and block it.  I don't think he ever held hands with one of his teammates though!

cashsoccer6cashsoccer4

Had to throw in a picture of the handsome Coach too!

cashsoccer12  

Ryley had his first soccer game the same day.  Unfortunately, he's moved on to one of the bigger fields and it's really hard for me to get a picture of him now!  He played goalie for the first part of his first game and loves it!   ryleysoccer 

This was his first time playing on the bigger field and he felt it!  They don't have very many boys on their team so everyone has to play for most of the game.  When it's over 100 degrees and SERIOUSLY humid it just makes it worse too!  I could tell Ryley was completely worn out after this game.  He is such a trooper though and NEVER complains or whines during the games.  He gets out there and hustles through it.  He did NOT get that from me!  The day after this game he got out of the car and I could tell he was hurting.  He said his legs hurt and I realized his poor little legs must be sore from all the running the day before on that big huge field!  He's gotten used to it though and his team even won their game today! 

I did manage to get a couple of shots of Ryley warming up at today's game.

ryley1 ryley2

Here are a couple of pictures from Cash's game today too.

cash1

joshandcash

The team doing the Dragon's Roar before the game today (the boy's favorite part besides snacks!)

 

dragons1

And finally because no post would be complete without a few pictures of my beautiful girl. . .

maddieschool2

She and Daddy had their first Daddy/Daughter Date with Activity Days last week too.  I made them pose for a picture before they left.

 joshandmaddie1

And the silly one, of course. . .

joshandmaddie2

That's about it for now.  In baby news, I only have about 8 weeks left but I'm still measuring 2 weeks ahead so we'll see.  At least there's an end in sight now!!!

4 comments:

Kirsti said...

Man, I LOVE those pictures- they are beautiful! You are so talented.
How fun, I hope my boys want to play soccer too!

Amanda said...

What handsome little boys you have! Ryley is looking pretty legit in his soccer pictures and Cash is just looking adorable. Love the pouty faces.How funny. So exciting to just have 8 weeks or less left! Can't wait to meet this little guy:)

Caitlin said...

Your soccer stars sure are cute! Cash just cracks me up :) And Maddie really is so beautiful! So excited to meet the newest Hopewell!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

tear tear. miss you guys! thanks for the pics!