Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Sewing
I met one of my very best friends, Sandi, while we were living in Colorado during my 9th and 10th grade years. We took Home Ec together and had way too much fun making fun of our Home Ec teacher (and everyone else!) I attempted to sew many little projects but I pretty much ruined everything I tried to do. I still am not very good at sewing - it's SO frustrating!!! I can sew in a straight line but that is the limit of my abilities.
Anyhoo, apparently Sandi was holding out on me during those horrible Home Ec classes because she is an amazing seamtress now! Like making her kids adorable clothing and awesome quilts amazing. She's even giving away some cute Americana tablerunners over on her blog. Check it out! Maybe someday I'll be able to sew like Sandi but it's doubtful. I'm pretty sure I'd actually have to practice to get any better and I can't think of anything worse than trying to sew sleeves on a dress! Gag.
Anyhoo, apparently Sandi was holding out on me during those horrible Home Ec classes because she is an amazing seamtress now! Like making her kids adorable clothing and awesome quilts amazing. She's even giving away some cute Americana tablerunners over on her blog. Check it out! Maybe someday I'll be able to sew like Sandi but it's doubtful. I'm pretty sure I'd actually have to practice to get any better and I can't think of anything worse than trying to sew sleeves on a dress! Gag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
While reading this I started thinking back to the good ol days of Home Ec and being a Freshman! WOW!! O my! Goodness gracious! Heavens! We had some great times. One really quick one - rememberwhen you were tying a quilt and "someone" walked in? How fast did I make it to your table? Lightning speed!
One more - remember all the nick names we had for practically everyone? How did we ever keep them straight?? My minds on overload just trying to say the right child's name that I'm yelling at!
Post a Comment