This is the end, I promise. I really want to get to other things like Halloween and birthday before a whole new year starts and I'm even farther behind than usual!
So we finally made it back to GG and YoPapa's just in time for some harvesting!
Papa showed them how it was done and they had at it. They didn't even realize it was work! But then, work is always more fun with your YoPapa. I think they all went out and helped Papa in the garden pick zucchinis or cucumbers or something everyday!
Mmmmmmmm. . . fresh corn from Papa's garden. Definitely one of the best things on the planet.
I think all of the kids ate some (even Cash - aka "The Anti-vegetable") and liked it! Sawyer wasn't too sure about it though.
We also drove down to Taos one day to see Aunt Odessa. We had to stop at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. I was definitely pushin' that fear to the limits this trip!
It was nice to see Aunt Odessa again. I hadn't seen her in several years. I think the last time I was at her house I was about Maddie's age. It was just as I remember it only much smaller!
The kiddos wore GG out!! They are still talking about their feather hunts and boots and meetings. Cash is already planning what he is going to do on our next trip up there. Or should I say, what he's going to get GG to do. :) GG let them each have a pair of her old ropers while we were there. And they still wear them with pride often!
While they were there they wore them around for two or three days straight and were constantly having "meetings". I managed to sneak into one and snap a picture. You can see Maddie taking copious notes (very typical!)
I wish I had gotten a picture of their feathers from all their feather hunts. GG took them all over the property looking for feathers and even drove them around town. While they were out one day an Amish buggy drove past and the man asked if the kids would like a ride. They got a little ride. How fun! So after all the hunting and meetings GG was plain worn out and the kids decided that she needed some pampering. They had her laying down and Maddie and Ryley were massaging and brushing her hair. Cash, of course, was the supervisor and mainly just talked her ear off the entire time. He did go and get her cups of water though.
It was wonderful to watch them develop this special relationship with GG. I feel so blessed that she and Papa are still here for them to get to know. This will definitely be a memory they keep near and dear to their hearts, as will I.
We were originally going to try and come home on August 27, but I realized that it would just be cruel to make Daddy leave Colorado on his birthday so we stayed one more day. We celebrated by having a little party for him and letting him take a nap. Of course there was Chocolate Lust involved.
By the end of the trip Sawyer had warmed up to just about everyone and would even let Granny and Pops hold him. Of course, we left the next day!
It was a wonderful and fun-filled trip!




No comments:
Post a Comment