Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Fresh from the garden

Josh planted a little garden this year.  We were surprised when we came back from Colorado that there were several watermelons growing!  We thought for sure the crazy heat and drought had killed off anything that might have thought about growing in there.  The kids were really excited and went out to check if the watermelons were ready everyday.  After several weeks of waiting we finally decided that one was ready.  Josh cut it from the vine and brought it in for me to cut up.  october2011-1

I had all the kids take a bite at the same time.  It was juicy and yummy!!  (Ignore the dork in the background.)october2011-2   october2011-3

This is Josh saying, "I told you I could grow something!"  He's right.  I totally didn't believe him.  But he is awesome at doing barely any work with the garden and getting watermelons.  And lots of crazy long (like 2 ft long!) beans that no one in their right mind would eat.  :)  october2011-4

Note:  If you ever grow watermelons, refrigerate them before you eat them.  Hot watermelon is just not the same!!

No comments: