Josh and I were able to get away for a few days to go up to Wyoming for Whitney's baptism. We had planned to go up to Chicago for Tally's in March as well and then the whole moving thing happened and nixed that trip. We knew Wyoming would be the last chance for us to get away together before our life changes forever this summer so we decided to do it.
We flew into Salt Lake City after a stop in Denver and got in just long enough to drive around a little bit and grab some dinner. I was totally wiped out and Sawyer had given me his cold so we didn't do much that first night.
I do not like flying. (Yeah, I'm really looking forward to flying for an entire day to get to China.) I managed to fake it for a minute and get a picture of us on the plane.
The next day we got up bright and early and headed off to a session at the Salt Lake Temple. I had never been to a session at any Temple other than Dallas so we thought this was the perfect opportunity to remedy that. It was really awesome. I'm so glad we went back home for my forgotten recommend even though we thought we'd miss the flight.
After the temple we went back to the hotel, changed and walked around downtown Salt Lake for a little while.
We couldn't have picked a more perfect time of year to visit Temple Square. Absolutely beautiful!
Seeing how small the Tabernacle is compared to the Conference Center, it just amazes me that this is where Conference used to be held. I can hardly remember Conferences before the Conferences Center. Crazy! The acoustics are so amazing in there though.
I couldn't stop taking pictures of the Temple. I wish I had taken my wide-angle lens!
After some lunch (at Cafe Rio - yum!) we headed off to find our way to Wyoming.
It took us about 2 hours longer than normal to find Wyoming because Josh had to stop at every freaking mountain and admire it. HAHA! Around every bend I would hear, "Wow! Look at that!" In his defense it was a very beautiful drive but it took forever to get there! This was my view at every stop:
I did take a few pictures for him to be able to look back on and admire.
This was at some Spring (wish I could remember the name).
Josh insisted on hiking over to one of the smaller caves. I was sure he was going to get stuck in that tiny crevice or fall into the icy water!
Several hours later and we finally made it to Bear Lake. I think this was only halfway. . .
We stopped and got a raspberry milkshake in the town there (since it was dinnertime by this point and I was starving!) We eventually made it to Afton.
But, our phones weren't getting very good service so GoogleMaps wasn't working. We tried really hard to find Josh and Mandy's on our own but failed miserably and eventually found ourselves in the next town. We did see something very interesting on our way to getting lost though. There were a bunch of lambs that had just been born in a field just off the road. They were so tiny! Josh made me climb out of the car and try to get a picture. Sorry, it's kind of gross. They had seriously JUST been born.
Josh finally relented that we were lost and called Josh (my brother). Gets confusing, no? That's why we call them "Your Josh", "Our Josh" or "My Josh". Still confusing though!
That's enough for one post, right?


















No comments:
Post a Comment