Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Cash's 7th Birthday

I can't believe this kid is 7!  Seriously - how did it happen?  Sigh. . . 

His birthday fell on a Sunday this year so we didn't do much on the actual day.  We did spread out a few things all during the week though.  He really wanted a new bike for his birthday.  He had learned to ride without training wheels a few months before we moved, but his bike was really small for him.  Comically small, actually.  So, he picked out a bike sometime during the week before his birthday.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures of him on his new bike.  I'm a horrible mother.  I promise to take pictures someday though.  

Our tradition is to take the kids out to wherever they would like to go for their birthday.  Cash chose - McDonald's.  Really?!  Out of the hundreds of options you choose McDonald's.  So gross.  We even tried to bribe him with a free dessert at Chili's or anywhere but no go.  We ended up driving through McDonald's for him and Ryley and then driving through somewhere else for Josh and I and taking it all home.  Fun birthday dinner, but he was happy.  

We also had our traditional party at Granny and Pops' house.  We usually end up celebrating all the May birthdays on one so we were celebrating Pops, Cash and Matt Mo.  

CashBirthdaty-1

Think he likes the cake?

CashBirthdaty-2

He is such a weirdo.  I wish we knew what was going on in the little brain of his.

CashBirthdaty-3

CashBirthdaty-4

 This picture makes me laugh every time!  Ryley is trying to take a picture of Cash using his DS and telling him to smile, hence the weird smile Ryley's making.  "Cheeeeese." 

CashBirthdaty-5

Not the greatest picture of Pops but the only one I managed to get.  Notice his one candle. . .  one for every 50-something years? :)

All the birthday boys.  (I hope my mom is singing in this picture!  ??)

CashBirthdaty-7

CashBirthdaty-6

Look at Miss Sadie trying to help blow out the candles.  So cute!

CashBirthdaty-9

  After cake and ice cream it was present time!

CashBirthdaty-10

Aunt Brianne gave him a Skylanders.  I wish we knew if he liked it . . . 

CashBirthdaty-11

CashBirthdaty-12

Seriously!  The faces on this kid.

Granny and Pops gave him some good ol' cash-ola with which he purchased yet another Beyblade.  Heaven help me.  

CashBirthdaty-13

I think he had a great birthday!

Seven things about our sweet Cash on his seventh birthday, in no particular order: 

1. He is very creative and full of ideas.  He is always wanting to invent or build or experiment with something.  He is always thinking about his next invention and will talk your ear off about it.  

2.  He is doing very well in school, especially in reading.  He is quite the speller as well and loves to write stories on the computer.

3.  He still cracks us up with the crazy things he says.  He has a vocabulary of someone much older and that makes it even funnier.  Even better is when he does it with a British accent!  One of his favorite shows is Studio C on BYUtv.  He is constantly repeating lines from it.  

4. He loves video games and especially loves to play them with his big brother. 

5.  He is definitely the most social of all the kids.  He loves to be surrounded by friends. He is still pretty shy around adults though.   

6.  I think he's inherited the entrepreneurial gene.  He is always coming up with some idea to make money.  (See #1)

7.  He is always hungry.  ALWAYS.  Yet, he's still the pickiest kid.  He is doing better though and can actually eat a few vegetables now without gagging.  Still no chocolate though.  

He's also a very sweet big brother.  We love this kid more than ever and are so thankful he is part of our family. 

1 comment:

Brenda said...

We love him too!