Way back in March we had one of the those awesome spring storms that is mostly just rain. Where it’s cool enough to want to be outside and yet warm enough to let the kids play and get wet. Josh took all the kids outside for a little bit. I thought for sure the girls (especially Emily) would freak out at the rain falling on their heads but they LOVED it!
It started out with just some puddle hopping under the porch.
Emily is fascinated with her hands and thinks everyone else should be too. She always throws her hands up like this when I have out the camera.
Grace, however, has mastered the cheese.
These next ones are my favorites of Gracie. They’re very much her personality.
Showing me her wet hands.
Look! A real smile!
Oh, the humanity! I can’t remember what was going on here. I think Gracie walked out into the grass and didn’t like it.
Em was making sure Mom or Dad noticed that Gracie was crying. And being so helpful since Grace couldn’t walk anywhere due to the dramatic hand gesturing going on!
But that only made Gracie more angry. “Don’t take me to them! They must come to meeeeee!!!!"
Emily got pretty brave and headed out into the grass (barefoot!) to play on the clubhouse.
Does she have a sweet big brother or what?!
Once Gracie saw Emily out on the grass she wanted to go too. This is a major accomplishment for this girl, people! She has HATED any sort of grass/plant touching her even with shoes on since she came home. I’m pretty sure this is the first time she’s willing gone into the grass barefoot.
The big kids were all outside too.
Have I mentioned that this kid is the sweetest?
She went up and down that ladder and slide several times. She was soaked to the bone by the time we were ready to go inside and clean up.
That slide is slippery when it’s wet! Poor girl went flying off and landed right on her bum. She was fine and laughed.
But then she realized that there was some grass stuck to her feet and hands.
Even the “BIG” boy got in on the action!
This girl loves her some shoes!
It was a fun little rainstorm (no lightning or thunder). Another first marked off the list of many to come for these girls!

























































1 comment:
Holy Moly, I am soooo far behind on your blog. I haven't looked at blogs in what seems like years. I might have to stay up all night now. What a fun post!
Post a Comment