Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happenings in March and April

Shortly after we moved in Maddie had her very first violin recital.  She had just started taking violin lessons in January so she was very nervous about playing in a recital so soon.  She is amazing and of course, did an amazing job.  Already knowing how to read music has definitely helped her but the girl just has an aptitude for music.  It just comes easily to her.  

kids-4

kids-5

The girls did pretty well during the recital too.  I forgot to take toys so they played with my watch and key ring.  

kids-6

kids-7

Granny and Pops ended up taking them for a walk after Maddie performed and while we waited for the recital to be over.  That was a huge help!  The girls definitely enjoyed it more too.  

We got back into homeschooling shortly after we moved in.  I decided to do school in the mornings instead of during nap time once we got settled in here.  Sawyer has loved being able to participate more and although it’s crazy and chaotic I think it works better.  This way, we all get a break when the little kids go down for naps.  I’m pretty sure this was the first time I let him use scissors.  He was concentrating so hard.  Look at those lips!  He usually has his tongue out like his YoPapa.  

kids-8

kids-9

kids-10

This picture of Maddie was before the chalkboard was painted so you can get an idea of where that is now.  The whole wall behind her in now a chalkboard.  

kids-11

kids-12

This is a picture of the girls’ room.  The three little ones spend a great deal of time in her during the day.  Almost all the toys we own are in here now.  They also really love filling up the cribs with toys.  *eye roll*

kids-13

kids-14

No comments: